High school sports photos, What can I legally do...

I have started a high school football blog in my area. I do stories on the top players in the area and photos. I have gained access to all the local games for the rest of the year. As I am doing this as a hobby and practicing my photog skills. Is it wise to use my access to sell my photos to the parents and fans on my blog? I was thinking of offering them for sale on a 3rd party site like(morephotos.com)

Would the players, parents or school district have a right to have an issue/problem with it?

Please send me your opinion or facts on this subject.

Re: High school sports photos, What can I legally do...

Quote Originally Posted by Brouin
    I have started a high school football blog in my area. I do stories on the top players in the area and photos. I have gained access to all the local games for the rest of the year. As I am doing this as a hobby and practicing my photog skills. Is it wise to use my access to sell my photos to the parents and fans on my blog? I was thinking of offering them for sale on a 3rd party site like(morephotos.com)

Would the players, parents or school district have a right to have an issue/problem with it?

Please send me your opinion or facts on this subject.
    Any ideas? I am planning on starting this asap. I'm looking for some reassurance. I want to do the right thing.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: High school sports photos, What can I legally do...

Hmm, I guess it depends on the school... I know that doesn't help much I think you should start with talking to the schools and see what they have to say. Some of the schools may have an "official" photographer who has a contract to take/sell photos and you could be stepping on their business. Others may not care at all. My guess is that it's not going to be a big deal but I would check with each school to be sure before trying to sell anything.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information