• 09-14-2010, 08:42 PM
    Brouin
    High school sports photos, What can I legally do...
    I have started a high school football blog in my area. I do stories on the top players in the area and photos. I have gained access to all the local games for the rest of the year. As I am doing this as a hobby and practicing my photog skills. Is it wise to use my access to sell my photos to the parents and fans on my blog? I was thinking of offering them for sale on a 3rd party site like(morephotos.com)

Would the players, parents or school district have a right to have an issue/problem with it?

Please send me your opinion or facts on this subject.
  • 09-15-2010, 09:53 AM
    Brouin
    Re: High school sports photos, What can I legally do...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Brouin
    I have started a high school football blog in my area. I do stories on the top players in the area and photos. I have gained access to all the local games for the rest of the year. As I am doing this as a hobby and practicing my photog skills. Is it wise to use my access to sell my photos to the parents and fans on my blog? I was thinking of offering them for sale on a 3rd party site like(morephotos.com)

Would the players, parents or school district have a right to have an issue/problem with it?

Please send me your opinion or facts on this subject.

Any ideas? I am planning on starting this asap. I'm looking for some reassurance. I want to do the right thing.
  • 09-15-2010, 10:28 AM
    mjs1973
    Re: High school sports photos, What can I legally do...
    Hmm, I guess it depends on the school... I know that doesn't help much I think you should start with talking to the schools and see what they have to say. Some of the schools may have an "official" photographer who has a contract to take/sell photos and you could be stepping on their business. Others may not care at all. My guess is that it's not going to be a big deal but I would check with each school to be sure before trying to sell anything.