please answer this question

Hello,

Does anyone have any information about how to get into the photography business and what that entails? I know I would need a business license, but that is about all I know. Another question, where do photographs send their pictures to get printed?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: please answer this question

Welcome to the forum. That's a big question to try to answer with very little information. What do you mean by "photography business"? Are you planning on shooting weddings or opening a portrait studio? Open a gallery and sell your own work as art? Make products featuring your photos such as greeting cards, or books? Take your work to art fairs?

Depending on what you want to do for your "photography business" will make a HUGE difference in what you need to get things started. You may or may not need a business license depending on what you do.

As far as your last question about where to get photos printed, I use www.mpix.com. There are several very good labs online that do a great job. White House Custom Color and AdoramaPix are also very good. If you're looking for a place that will set up an online ordering system for you, there are other options such as SmugMug and Zenpholio and Pictage.

So, depending on what you want to do, there are a ton of options out there. I think the first thing you need to do is to sit down and write out a business plan and figure out what it is that you want to accomplish. Once you have that figured out, you will get a better idea of what you need to do to get started.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

What are some of the best outsourcing companies, and why?

Hello! Do you have an e-commerce business? Do you want to start outsourcing but don't know where to start? Interested in learning about outsourcing best practices?
    In today's competitive e-commerce environment, companies need to focus on their core competencies by outsourcing tasks that either don't require a high level of skill or are best done by subject matter experts.
    In this outsourcing article, I learned about 10 outsourcing best practices.

Thread Information