Mine mine mine....All mine!!!

To all who can help!

I'd like to start by saying that i am well versed in most graphics applications (2D) and web design softwares (macromedia...or now they are Adobe) and a moderate ActionScript developer!

I want to start up my website which has been pending for too long now! My problem is though, as i am sure it is for most all photographers online, what is the most effective way to protect my photos.

Problem 2, although i am a Graphic Designer (among other things ) any links i can follow for the format of the site?? i've done my research, but I still would appreciate your input....basically, if you like a site or have one yourself i can check them out for inspiration!!

Thank you all for your help!
    Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Re: Mine mine mine....All mine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusK
    To all who can help!

I want to start up my website which has been pending for too long now! My problem is though, as i am sure it is for most all photographers online, what is the most effective way to protect my photos.

Thank you all for your help!
    Marc
    Well, you decide which photos to use on your site, how many, and at the same time WHY you are choosing certain ones. Since display is your purpose, size and resolution can be limited. There is also a method that I came across quite a while ago for imbedding images in the web page, so that they cannot be saved separately. Watermarking is also possible.

Bottom line however is how useful is a size limited, low resolution, 8 bit image going to be to anyone, anyway. If you have compressed a 10 meg + photo to a couple of hundred K, then you have taken a heck of a lot of picture and colour information out of the photo.

Ronnoco

Re: Mine mine mine....All mine!!!

Thanks for the input...I'll look into the embedding, seems like an effective procedure...in anycase they are protected in Flash since they cannot be downloaded...you made me realize however that i have to be a bit more specific:

I cannot hold an exhibition, so i would like to post a portfolio, and hence, is there anyway to copyright it online, even if i am not in the states?? I know its along shot! but I would really like to know!!

Thanks again for the input...
    Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Thread Information