Finding a needle in a large haystack

I have a photo quite suitable for advertising but there is a person that would be 99% sure to recognize themselves. I was contacted regarding this photo although the above problem ruins the opportunity. I took the photo well over a year ago and the last thing I thought of was obtaining a model release. Would it be a failed cause to try posting this image somewhere (ie craigslist) asking the model or someone who knows him to contact me? Could there be a better way? Has anyone tried this before?

drg

Re: Finding a needle in a large haystack

If you were contacted by a company who either a product or service would be served by the use of the photograph, they most likely deal with clearances regularly. If they want a photo badly enough, such as a candid with a known celebrity, they will pay accordingly.

If the inclusion of an individual, again such as a celebrity, is a significant problem try contacting them via an agent. There are listings and sources ranging from Variety to web links for particular industries including www.imdb.com (pro/paid version) to access these agents. An alternative might be to consider using various social networking sights (you know which ones I mean I am sure) to see if you can connect with a mutual 'friend'.

One of the responsibilities of 'selling' work is either doing the media/usage/copyright clearance or having access to an agency that will do the diligence 'thing'.

Could the photograph be reshot, even if staged, as it is potentially for a client who could possibly be interested enough to pay the the freight of the added work?
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Re: Finding a needle in a large haystack

Could be reshot, yes. I didn't think of that! I may try the social networking sites though. Thank you for your response

Thread Information