Question Web Site Photo Store Script/Program?

I'm looking for a script/program for my Web site that will allow my clients to log in so only they can see their portraits (password-protected gallery with shopping cart) and buy them via credit card (direct online, not saved into a database for off-line charging) on the site - but I also need a public area of the site where anybody can buy (via credit card, direct online) prints offered to the public.

I'm not looking for a site host, a monthly subscription site, a shopping cart that looks like an amateur built it fifteen years ago, etc.

I will be doing the paper prints myself to a certain size and outsourcing giclees and extra large paper prints to a local company, so I don't necessarily need a cart that will send orders to printing companies (gift items like mugs and such sound like a cute idea, but are definitely not priorities or deal-breakers).

I have seen a few monthly-fee sites that otherwise have some good features (but I don't want a site host and don't want to pay a monthly fee), but they look terrible and far from professional.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

ETA: To clarify, I am talking about no monthly fees for just the shopping cart script/program itself. Obviously credit card abilities are a whole separate thing and require fees!

Re: Web Site Photo Store Script/Program?

I've been using Gallery2 and have been pretty happy with it. If you're not looking for hosting then I'm guessing you are at least web-savy enough to install it on your server. This program is very stable and highly configurable with several thousand templates and plug-ins available including a dozen payment processing options (I had been using Coppermine, but like this FAR better)
    http://gallery.menalto.com/
    I would probably stay clear of Gallery3 for the time being as it's targeted more to the casual user that doesn't want to configure/modify or be confronted with a lot of choices.

EventPictures.com has a full feature store and you can password protect your events. They use a very high quality lab out in L.A. that services Hollywood. Been with them for 3 years now. Great stuff.
    EventShooter
    Canon
    30D, 40D, 1D on the way
    10-22, 50, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8l IS,580
    Many more goodies!

I have been using smugmug.com and been really happy with the service and TLC. Password Galleries if you want them, watermarks(your own or use theirs) I been with them for a few years now, signed up in 2006. You have two labs to work with there. Lots of things you can do to customize your site. I am a little rusty but I could build my own site and figured why bother when I like what they have to offer me as a photographer.
    IMba7QRpXeHYU here is my personal coupon if you sign-up.

Good Luck!
    Treasures
    Canon Products

Hi Wavy,

We've just finished some software that does exactly what you're after. It's a one off payment that you can install on your server.

The link is http://www.photographyorders.com - Let me know if you have any questions about it and I can help you out.

Cheers,

Luke

Thread Information