Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: DeadBeat Customers

Have you investigated or considered selling bad debts to a collection agency? There are all kinds? If you shop around, you might find one that you can work with?
    Just a thought.

Ronnoco

The Saga Continues...and gets worse!

Well the saga continues with this moron. Back in Jan I sued him, still today he hasn't paid a penny of the descision so this week I spent an afternoon doing paperwork at the courthouse to garnish his wages.
    Then I was looking at this clowns website last night and discover he's still using one of my photos a year after he was told to pull ALL of them. Worse yet he is claiming HE took that photo.....funny thing though, he doesn't know that ALL the EXIF data is still in the file. So I just spoke to my attorney and we will be sueing him again, this time for copyright violations, one on the website and 5 from his magazine prints.

Some people just do not learn!

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

JS - Have you tried collecting from him GodFather style? Nothing says you mean business like putting a horse's head in his bed while he sleeps!

And if that doesn't work...there is always the Tanya Harding way of solving the problem. LOL!!!

//The Preceding post was a joke.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Quote Originally Posted by masdog
    JS - Have you tried collecting from him GodFather style? Nothing says you mean business like putting a horse's head in his bed while he sleeps!

And if that doesn't work...there is always the Tanya Harding way of solving the problem. LOL!!!

//The Preceding post was a joke.
    Sean,
    hehehe, believe me, I have thought of calling some folks I know, but I guess old age is catching up and I decided to do it through the courts.

what really bites is the IHSAA STILL lets this guy into events even knowing he has refused to pay people he's hired.
    i have a feeling though, that in March his little world is going to crash down around him, as thats when we will have the second suit ready, and he will get served during the first one

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

I collect a 50% retainer up front, and the contract states that they can't use the photos unless they're paid for. One guy paid me thousands of dollars, but still owed $200. Well, the book he had hired me to shoot for ended up paying the last $200 so they could at least publish!

This clown is starting to get a reputation, he's having a hard time getting projects started.

I once sent a bill to someone who hadn't paid in five months. I circled the small print at the bottom of the invoice saying that after 30 days, he owes 1.5% per month penalty.

I got the fee AND the penalty!

I guess I'm just lucky. I belong to the PPA so if someone uses my stuff without permission (i.e. not having paid) they have a stable of lawyers to go after the deadbeats. The PPA logo certainly helps things move along!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information