Is anyone using ebay stores or Prostore

I'm wondering if anyone is using ebay stores or ProStores successfully to sell their photos. I'm considering setting one up.
    ----------------------------

Re: Is anyone using ebay stores or Prostore

Don't have any experince with them at all. Sorry I can't be of help. Everything I sell is through Printroom.com, but it's all the specific client base that knows where to go to find it.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I'm not familiar with these Chunk, but I have had some success with iStockphoto.com. I'm not sure this is the same type of thing tho. Are the ebay stores and Prostores for selling prints direct to consumers or are they more like a stock agency?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks Larry. Is that for people in your sporting photos or more general flower and scenic shots?

It would be direct sales to consumers. Something to put on a business card with Items I've sold and hope for some return business or word of mouth. Might also generate some sales from searches or putting the url in my sigline on newsgroups I frequent. People there often ask if I have a site.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    Thanks Larry. Is that for people in your sporting photos or more general flower and scenic shots?
    Yes it is mostly the sports images that I market this way. I have a few of my other photos at a local gallery but that is very low volume business.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Well, for anyone wondering if I ever tried this, click on the "Photos by Chunk" pic in my signature. Please let me know of any suggestions you might have. It's a work in progress with only 8x10s listed so far.
    Getting it set up was easy. Getting everything organized and posted is more involved.
    I've been using ebay auctions and the store to raise money for a friend with terminal cancer who owns a motorcycle campground and it's worked well for that. (The campground is real close to Tsali for you MB types)

Thread Information