Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Pentax to release new DSLR!!!

Well, it's been very quiet around here, particularly in the Pentax part of the forum, so I'll try my best to spice it up a bit.

It's confirmed: Pentax are set to release a new DSLR on 21st May this year. It will be called the K7D. Pentax have said it won't be a replacement of the K20D, so I expect the K20D to be around still, but not too sure how long for. Most of the rumours are saying it will have better AF, lower noise, higher FPS (around 5), and possibly a APS-H sized sensor, 1.3 crop. Not too sure on the crop of the sensor, but it could be true. :skep: It is also rumoured to have video as well, with a mic input.
    Cost is around to be between $1300 to $1500 Euro's, so do the relevant conversion to your local currency and work it out.

Photo's have been leaked, and there is plenty of speculation on the spec's. I've put together a list of what seems to be the most common spec's I've seen on the 'net.

So Pentaxian's, never fear! We have not been forgotten! Pentax are moving forward, with new lenses and bodies being released. Hopefully the price and spec's make it worthwhile to upgrade!

danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Pentax to release new DSLR!!!

Hmmmm...may have to wait on fixing the DL and save the dollars...lets see...now where do I go to figure the conversion...I'll have to look that up...hehe...
    Great news, tho, Danic...thanx for the info!!!!
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

That is great news!

On the web I've seen for the last couple weeks a little bit here and a little bit there about this cam, and occasionally a photo pops up, which consequently causes a huge buzz in some threads... Now it looks like the excitement is growing even higher still!

No mention of the probable video mode? Several photos were leaked showing *evidence* of a video symbol on the mode dial and a mic connector next to the hot-shoe.

Might pounce on a K200D or K20D if prices go down, though.

Anyways, glad to see PENTAX is very much alive & kicking!

Just dropped some money on a new lens 18-50 f2.8 ex dc macro Be a while before another camera. Would be nice though. Wouldn't have to change lens on the camera.

Maybe I should stimulate the economy :idea:
    K10d pentax 50-200 f4-5.6 sigma 100-300 f4 sigma 18-50mm f2.8 ex dc macro Kenko AF 1.5 DG

I know I probably sound kind of "old school" when I say that I'm happy with my K100D and will most likely use it until it dies, so I barely look at all the new stuff & upgrades coming out almost daily.

Heck, I still drag my Kodak DC3500 all over at work...bought it back in 2000 and it still chugs along though it's showing it's age these days

Of course, this doesn't include new lenses for my Pentax...you can never have too many lenses :lol:

bravo
    Lets hope the k7d or what ever its called , joins or knocks Canon and Nikon on the top shelf
    PS climbs the ladder of success to be in its rightful place
    can't wait for the 21 of the month, I hope and pray we are not in for a let down

I hope they will lower the k20d's price even more cause of this new release. But I dont think they will since its super low already...
    -
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

5 more days...

Pentax Forum Moderator

1 Day 23 Hours....

...until the release of the "NEW K"...according to the Pentax Imaging website (Pentax's US website)!

Click here to keep updated!!!! http://www.pentaximaging.com/ . This is the main page and it has a countdown clock!!!
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

K-7 pictures & Specs!!!

Found this minutes ago... :7: Check out the video symbol on the mode dial...

An 18-55mm Weather-Resistant (WR) lens, with camera operating up to -10C!!! PENTAX have also finally stepped up their burst-shooting; K-7 has 5.2FPS. 100% coverage viewfinder as well.

Very nice job from what I have seen so far!

Source.

Pentax Forum Moderator

1 1/2 hours to go!!! So, are alex's pics correct??? I'm waiting patiently!!!
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Pentax Forum Moderator

I got a brief glimpse of it...It is called the K7...but when I clicked on the icon...I got caught up in the crowds again!!! :-(
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

They also said they were releasing some non * WR lenses.
    That should help us take better advantage of our weather resistant bodies.
    Go Pentax!
    Look through a glass eye.
    Give it a few tries.
    Nothing goes right in its time.
    --Tally Hall--

Thread Information