Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thread: K-5 IIs

K-5 IIs

This looks interesting. It's the new K-5 II minus the antialias filter. So it will be more prone to moire effects but should be a little sharper in details. For landscape or adventure sports it could be really nice.
    John, will you be getting one to test? It has sparked my interest but I hate see a version of a product minus something the regular version has cost $200 more.

Re: K-5 IIs

It is absolutely unnecesary in my opinion to buy it.

This looks interesting. It's the new K-5 II minus the antialias filter. So it will be more prone to moire effects but should be a little sharper in details. For landscape or adventure sports it could be really nice.

I moved from Canon to Pentax About a year ago when I saw just about every piece of Cannon gear increase in cost by $1000. I was a 5d Mark II user,and could not fault the resolution and sharpness of the Camera, But It could not focus as was a the Rebel Series Cameras. I Had grown tired of Canon's Marketing strategies, So I sold all my lenses For more then I had purchased them for (Thank you Canon inflation). I also sold my 5d Mk II for a Very good used rate. I purchased the original Pentax K5, and very much liked a lot of things about the system.
    Better focusing, better metering, Much better color rendering. Canon always pushed the primary colors, and even the neutral setting has a Greenish hue. Pentax has a much better color representation, there are more hues, and rolling tones, also the shadows look much better. But the K5 was not as sharp as the Canon 5d MKII. Not the end of the world but still...

unfortunately the Pentax K-5 II is now discontinued, may be Pentax k-6 or K-5III is coming
    Pentax K-5 II | Camera Comparison Review

Thread Information