Pentax ist DL

Printable View

• 04-13-2006, 06:38 AM
    Rene`
    Pentax ist DL
    I have a Pentax ist DL and I would like to know if someone would recommend an exterior flash that works well with a 100-300 Zoom.
  • 04-14-2006, 05:02 AM
    ken1953
    Re: Pentax ist DL
    Hi Rene, I also have a *ist DL, and would be interested in the answer to this as well. However, being new to photography, I guess this might be a dumb question, but, what do you mean by "an exterior flash". I know what the "hot shoe" flashes are, but don't know if it is the same as "exterior" flashes.
    Also, since we Pentax people are few and far between, it may take a while to get an answer to this... :-(.
    Ken
  • 04-17-2006, 10:16 AM
    Rene`
    When I said exterior flash, I mean't a hot shoe flash.

Rene`
  • 04-17-2006, 06:20 PM
    cyberlord
    Pentax has some flashes for digital cameras and also Sunpak makes several for digital cameras. As to which one to use, try the reviews.

If you are wanting flash at the 300mm end you will want a strong flash.

What are you wanting to shoot? Any thing specific or just general use? I recommend a swivel/bounce flash for softer lighting, or a strobo-frame type mount to get the flash from being directly over the lens.

None of the above I have for my camera (also an *ist DL) so I can not make any recomendations only suggestions.

Good luck, and as Ken stated, keep us in the loop with what you find out as we are going down this same road someday ourselves.

Tim
  • 04-17-2006, 07:14 PM
    Anbesol
    hows this for a question, how the hell do you pronounce *ist DL. is it, "asterick i-s-t-d-l" or what? lol, ive always wondered that. never heard it mentioned either. just "the pentax body"...
  • 04-17-2006, 08:19 PM
    zrfraser
    I think Photo John asked a pentax rep and they said something like star ist DL, but they weren't sure either.
  • 04-18-2006, 06:21 AM
    Anbesol
    LOL!

its a mystery haha! pentax rep doesnt even know lol....
  • 04-18-2006, 03:51 PM
    cyberlord
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Anbesol
    hows this for a question, how the hell do you pronounce *ist DL. is it, "asterick i-s-t-d-l" or what? lol, ive always wondered that. never heard it mentioned either. just "the pentax body"...

I normally try not to include the * when I type out or say the name. Dunno why I did above.

I just say "Pentax ist DL" in conversation.

It's an Asian thing to name things weird that sound like english words (tho thats not the case with the ist, I don't
    think), from my year in Korea I saw lots of it. Of course I can't remember any of them these years past. :(

EDIT
    Oh, I meant to say the DL manual has the AF360FGZ in all it's flash documentation.

Tim
  • 01-26-2015, 02:21 AM
    pinmikaa