Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thread: A Petition

A Petition

I would like to suggest starting a Petition aimed at Hoya in regards to sustaining Pentax in the event they decide to drop the brand. I think it is important that we become pro-active and not wait around like cattle off to the slaughter house. Believe me, I am ready to call the President of Hoya to give him my point of view which will be quite compelling to say the least. I have the "Kahuna's" to speak directly to him as I have with many CEO's in the past..Just another human when it comes down to it.

Let's get the e-mail address of Hoya, Japan and compose a letter stating how disappointed we would be if they were to discontinue the Pentax brand and how that would affect our perception of Hoya and all brands associated with them.

I doubt that they will drop the brand, but let's show our loyalty to Pentax with a strong message...Don't play with "Mother Pentax!"

I am not concerned, as it would not affect my status or jeopardize my position as a photographer, creative director or music composer.

Let's Do It!

Ben

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: A Petition

Hi Ben, I'm more than ready to sign one, however, I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you please elaborate on what's happening? I didn't even know Hoya had anything to do with Pentax. Just when Pentax is starting to make a strong showing, you'd think people would sit up and take notice.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Google: Hoya Pentax - seems it's old news

Pentax and optical glass maker Hoya to merge - Pocket-lint.co.uk
    21 December 2006 - The latest camera manufacturer merger will take place next October between optical glass maker Hoya and Pentax. ...

HOYA and PENTAX Reach Basic Understanding for Management Integration
    http://www.pentax.co.jp/english/news...0061221-02.pdf
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thanx SW, OK, disclaimer, I'm a very poor reader, so let me see if I have the this correct. Hoya and Pentax are merging. In relation to Pentax, it sounds to me like Pentax Imaging will still be active.

If that's the case, am I missing something about Bens post? Are there rumors that the Imaging Division is going to be phased out?

Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Thanx SW, OK, disclaimer, I'm a very poor reader, so let me see if I have the this correct. Hoya and Pentax are merging. In relation to Pentax, it sounds to me like Pentax Imaging will still be active.

If that's the case, am I missing something about Bens post? Are there rumors that the Imaging Division is going to be phased out?

Ken
    No, not at all...We want HOYA to understand our commitment to Pentax as a company.

Ben,

Talked to you a while back about switching to Pentax...I'm a working photojournalist. Sold my Canon gear and L glass and switched. Now I'm freelancing for the AP...with a K10D and a bunch of primes..love it.

Count me in on any letter/petition to Hoya regarding Pentax!

Regards,

Chuck
    "The guy who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and unknown, who is unfraid of failure, will succeed." Gordon Parks

Pentax Forum Moderator

Welcome Chuck and congrats on the switch!!!! Hope to see a lot of you around here.
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information