Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Pentex spotmatic

Hello members.I have aquired a pentex spotmatic with a sloo of lenses and flash.Anybody have any experence with one of these.Old camera but very clean and well maintained.Chrome and black metal body.Main lens is pentex 1.14 50mm.Thanks inadvance Donnyman.

Re: Pentex spotmatic

Donny-
    Is that a bayonet-mount Pentax? Does it have a built-in light meter? It should be a solid, manual camera. I haven't used the pre K-mount Pentax bodies. But if everything is in working order, it should serve you well. One thing that would be worth doing is having the shutter tested to make sure all the shutter speeds are up to spec. That's an inexpensive and simple test that I believe most pro camera shops should still be able to to do in-house.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thanks for the reply John.No my spot matic has the screw on lens.Not bayonet it also has the built in light meter.It has a hot shoe on top of the viewer eye piece.Got a lot of srew on filters,28mm wide angle,85to 210 telo plus 2x converter,solgar flash,leather case and carrying case.Oh yes and a try pod.Abig one.Also a close up lens and all the original manuals.Have been useing it regularyly the last few weeks and it seems to be working great.It takes great pics.Its a solid and fun camera to use.And the part that I like about it is that I my takeing the pic not the camera so to speek.Ok talk later.Donnyman.

Photo John.Yes the pentex is doing a fine job.Great camera ,love it.Later donny.

You probably have more experience with it now than I. A couple days with a friend's borrowed Spotmatic was what convinced me that I needed to buy my K1000. I was glad to have the bayonet mount on the K1000 but the functionality was about the same on both cameras. That type of metering was terrific for me.

What type of focusing screen is in the Spotmatic. You might be able to get a different type for it. I liked the split focus screen that was in the K1000 but I know some people preffered just the plain screens or just those little pyramids (what were they called?).
    ----------------------------

Thread Information