Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Pentax K200D On The Way

I just talked to Pentax and we've got a K200D on the way for review
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: Pentax K200D On The Way

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Very cool....a bone of contention is that the K200D is a downgrade from a K10D, Which does not make any sense in the Pentax world..
    Factor that in with the the rumors of the beloved K10D being discontinued and there is even more discontent in the Pentax world...As for me, I just bought the K20D and at first, I did not think much of it, but the more I use it, the more I love it. The more of a true Upgrade it is over the K10D...But anyway, I really look forward to reading your review. If you need good lenses to test with it, don't hesitate to ask. I have all the current lenses.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thank you John...Way cool. After I recoup my losses from the move...I'm going to have to do some serious soul searching and research on these 2 cams...Again...tks,
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Hey All,
    This is my first post, my new k200d just arrived from Amazon two hours ago, I don't really consider this a replacement for the k100d as there are many new features along with it's 10 MP compared to 6MP. Hope to have test shots soon. Camera grip feels better than the k100d too. So far so good

Shutterpuppy, Welcome to the forum. GOOD TO HAVE ANOTHER PENTAXIAN HERE...this makes 7 of us, LOL.....In all seriousness, I really look forward to hearing your comments on it.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    Shutterpuppy, Welcome to the forum. GOOD TO HAVE ANOTHER PENTAXIAN HERE...this makes 7 of us, LOL.....In all seriousness, I really look forward to hearing your comments on it.
    Thanks for the warm welcome, been away from Pentax since I had a Spotmatic F 35mm in my early teens, good to be back. I tried my hand at bridgecams for awhile but they never quite had the "snap" that I got from my k100d that I owned all of two weeks before upgrading to the k200d, I still resent this cam being called "entry level" Do you agree?

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Wonder if you'll compare it closer to the K10 or the K100d Super?
    Last edited by shutterpuppy; 04-08-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Proud new father of a k200d as of 4/08/08
    and Sigma 70-300mm zoom, have a cigar

Careful, I'll get envious if you say the 200 is as good as the 10

Welcome!
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Hey Barry, Is that the new lit lens?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    Hey Barry, Is that the new lit lens?
    Javier, it's a long story I bought the k100d off Ebay for $525 with lots of lenses and the seller threw in a camera bag and a k1000 35mm, I resold the k1000 and the lenses in two listings and made a profit I used that money to buy the k200d body along with the Sigma zoom, Glad I did. Now I have the k100d body on Ebay to help make my final cost for k200d even less. Complicated? you bet it is but it's fun.

Barry

Pentax Forum Moderator

Wow Barry, nice wheelin' and dealin'...and also, welcome to PR and the forum. We're a small part of PR, but I think we're the best part. Well...I'm kind of prejudiced...hehe..Look forward to seeing many shots from you!!!
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Wow Barry, nice wheelin' and dealin'...and also, welcome to PR and the forum. We're a small part of PR, but I think we're the best part. Well...I'm kind of prejudiced...hehe..Look forward to seeing many shots from you!!!
    Ken,
    Many shots? That's a lot of pressure!!!, I'm coming from using quite a few bridgecams that had so much noise at 400 ISO and higher,that I had to use earplugs.Now that the price gap between those cams and DSLRs, I should have made the switch sooner. I am a reformed Fuji fanatic, Can't wait to see your review of the Fuji s100fs bridgecam, I almost bought that instead of the Pentax until I saw some test photos from it, so much purple fringing I thought Barney the Dinosaur had designed the camera, the 10000+ ISO setting is nutsville on it. IMHO

Barry

My first shot with my k200d, it's nothing special (weather has been cloudy since I got it) but it gave me a chance to try out the macro mode in auto focus and heavily cropping an image from it, "Come on sun, I'm waiting for ya". :aureola:

Barry

Real nice photo. I am the official lurker on this site. Be sure to post more pictures. Makes my day. Congrats on the new camera.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Nice shot Barry...looks like you've also got lots of buds getting ready to flower...some great opportunities. Not sure what lens you used on this, but would like to see a little softer bokeh and I think you would have a great shot. Good detail and a nice crop.
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Nice shot Barry...looks like you've also got lots of buds getting ready to flower...some great opportunities. Not sure what lens you used on this, but would like to see a little softer bokeh and I think you would have a great shot. Good detail and a nice crop.
    Thanks Ken,
    Just used the standard 18-55mm Pentax lens that came with it, hope to tryout my Sigma 70-300mm once it gets sunny and shoot some ducks at the lake, BTW, I tend to make my pictures with more contrast than most people except for people pics.

Barry

Thread Information