Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thread: Pentax 10mp???

Pentax Forum Moderator

Pentax 10mp???

Hi John...I know PMA is over, but I was reading on some UK sites today that Pentax unveiled a mock up of a new 10mp DSLR...did you happen to see anything about or know anything about it??
    Thanx, Ken

(Originally posted on Tradeshow Discussion)
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Here Ya Go

Ken - of course I saw it. You obviously haven't looked at every PMA photo I've posted :-) http://gallery.photographyreview.com...cat=534&page=1

The camera was under glass and only a model, I'm sure. But it's a safe bet that it will have a Samsung sensor. There's also a nice-looking new lens and a new flash on the way.

Here's a link to all Pentax and Pentax-related PMA photos: http://gallery.photographyreview.com...r=&catdrop=527
    Photo-John

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Pentax 10mp???

Ouch...sorry John...I DID miss most of those...I followed for a while...but I haven't checked since a few days after it ended...The site I looked at said they eventually brought it out from under the glass...and let some people handle it. It looks about the size of my DL...I'll have to keep it in mind...btw...you $5000 for that EIZO monitor you could grant to me?????? hahahahaha...whew...nice monitor!!! Thanx for the info and sorry I didn't check over there before posting...
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Hmm

[QUOTE=Photo-John]
    The camera was under glass and only a model, I'm sure. But it's a safe bet that it will have a Samsung sensor. There's also a nice-looking new lens and a new flash on the way.

QUOTE]

My bet would be on the Sony 10Mpix sensor used in the D200. Pentax use a 6Mpix Sony sensor in their other cameras, just like Nikon. I'm not sure that Pentax will sell enough of theircameras to make it worthwhile for Samsung to develop a whole new sensor when one already exists.

Chasseurs d'Images thinks that the popularly-priced DSLR market in the next years will be split between:

Sony 10Pix = Nikon, Pentax, Samsung, Sony (ex Minolta)
    Canon 8Mpix = Canon
    Panasonic 7.5Mpix = 4/3 Olympus, Panasonic

Charles

Thread Information