Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

old lens examples

I have not posted any pictures for some time as I have been getting comfortable with a new camera, a Pentax K110d. As a long time Pentax user since the 70's ,the K110d seemed a natural for an upgrade to a digital slr. I have a fair selection of both screw mount and K mount lenses. I decided to give a serious workout yesterday to my 55mmf1.8 standard lens. This lens seems ideal for portraits and candids. The performance of the K110d at high iso's is a definate improvement over the advanced compact I had been using. I am attaching two pictures taken yesterday by available light at f4 and 1/80s shutter speed. comments are welcome. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails old lens examples-55mmf1.8a.jpg   old lens examples-55mmf1.jpg  

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: old lens examples

great captures!!! I love pictures of children...the expressions here are absolutely adorable. I have a couple of K Mount lenses, but I haven't strayed much into the realm of manual focus, yet, but you definitely proved the validity of historical lenses!!!
    Keep up the great work!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thanks for posting this. I keep umming and ahhing about getting a fast standard non-AF lens from Ebay (I have the K10D). Your images have convinced me to give it a try.

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Do it Mike, you won't regret it. The A 1.4 models are a bit steep, about half the price of a new auto focus fast lens, but the M models can be had cheaper if you set your limit and try a few auctions till you get one. I got a decent price on mine and am very happy with the results.
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Thread Information