Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Noise reduction feature on K10D

Do you use the noise reduction feature in the custom menu? Does it really help? I hear it can slow down operating time and make your images softer ( not as crisp). is this true? I have a hard time finding the sharp focus point in my pictures some time, so I wonder if this has something to do with it or if I am just off on my focus. Not trying to cram too many questions in here but does that slider in my eye piece maybe have something to do with my focus issues? I played with that shortly after I got my K10 and I'm not sure if that was a good idea.
    Thanks for your help.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Noise reduction feature on K10D

Hi Tiff...I can't help you with the K10D issues, but the slider is to adjust for individual eyesight and is necessary if shooting in "manual" focus. If you're using autofocus, this won't be an issue since the camera looks thru the lens and not the eyepiece. I have to use this slider when I use my wifes camera. Her eyesight is much worse than mine and even tho' I use autofocus, it helps me see the viewfinder much clearer. I don't care too much if the viewfinder is slightly out of focus since I depend on the autofocus the majority of the time.

BTW, I've been very quiet the past year, so have not had the opportunity to say Hello, and Welcome to PR, especially the Pentax forum. Hope to get to see more of you around here, when I get back to Wisconsin and can spend more time on my photography and PR.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

hello and thanks for the response.
    My favorite lens right now is a 50mm1.7 that is fully manual so I think I will need to figure out how to adjust that so it is in the right spot for me. I think that must have a lot to do with me focus issues.

Hi Tiff,

Use AF-S and set the camera focus point to Center (not Auto or Select) to see if you can get the image in focus. If the image is still out of focus, probably your K10D or lens has back/front focus. You''ll need a focuss test sheet to verify what it is.

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Hi Tiff.
    I really need to spend more time in this forum.
    First off, let me ask you some questions.

1) What form of metering are you using? Auto, center, spot?
    2) What type of focus are you using? Auto, center, Multi?
    3) What type of Lens are you using?

Lets start here.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

I mostly use auto metering because I am still learning the differences. I usually use auto focus point but I have been using a 50 f1.7 manual lens a lot.

Thread Information