Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

New Pentax user!

Hello everyone,

As of yesterday at 3pm, I am officially a proud owner of a Pentax K10D! I'm a former Canon user, and when shopping for a new DSLR came across the K10D -- it definitely found its way to my number one spot. I haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet, but that time is coming soon (after work).

Thought I would introduce myself here, as I'm a Pentax virgin.

Jared

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: New Pentax user!

Hi Jared
    Welcome to the pentax family...There are not many of us, but the few there are, are very happy with there Pentax gear..
    javier
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Hey Pose,

Would love to get the K10D but only have the K100D Super. Still love it though.
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danic
    Hey Pose,

Would love to get the K10D but only have the K100D Super. Still love it though.
    I actually use my K1OOsuper far more than my K10D.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Pentax Forum Moderator

HI Jared...welcome to the fold...I'm an *ist DL user myself...only because of lack of funds...However, I may be breaking out my MG 35mm film Pentax soon for some local classes. Good luck with the 10D and please feel free to post lots of shots!!!!
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    I actually use my K1OOsuper far more than my K10D.

Why is that? I would have thought the K10D as having more options and a bit more versatile than the K100D?
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Welcome Jared. I have both a DL and K10D. Love them both.
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Rookie

The K100D is much better at Higher ISO's This was taken at 1600 and no noise. I seen others shots that were taken there and the people were at a loss for words when they saw how clean my shots were. All the 20 some shots were this clean,,, I could have been a better shooter.
    these were taken with the Sigma 28-70 2.8

Last edited by Turkey_Lips; 12-19-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    CAMERA'S;
    K7, K100d, K1000
    LENSES:
    TAMRON 18-250/3.5-6.3 DI II
    TAMRON SP 17-50/2.8 Di II & AF 1.4X MC4 TC
    SIGMA EX 100-300/4 APO DG
    SIGMA EX 105/2.8 DG Macro
    SIGMA EX 10-20/4_5.6 DG
    D-BG4 Battery Grip
    Metz 58 AF-1 Flash
    CACTUS Wireless V4 Trigger
    Feisol CT-3441T CF Tripod & Photo Clam PC-33NS Head

Hey, I just got the K10D too. It's my first auto focus camera as well as my first digital. I've been using Minolta manual focus since the 70's. Wife thought I should leave the stone age. Still love film though. Pentax has always built quality stuff. ME supers, K1000 was a tank. Something about using a thumb lever to advance the film. Onward to the 21st century and beyond!
    JUST TAKE THE DAMN PICTURE!

Thread Information