Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Need lens pricing advice

I'm trying to buy a pentax spotmatic II with a vivitar 28 mm f/2.5 wide angle lens but am having an EXTREMELY difficult time looking up the current pricing of the vivitar and the SP II. Can someone help me out and tell me what the vivitar 28 mm f/2.5 and the pentax spotmatic II are worth now?

I have a spotmatic I, though the person i am talking with is selling the kit along with a prime telephoto (will update on what that is soon as I talk to him next) but for now those two would be great if someone could tell me how much they are

I seem to be getting a lot of links of the nikon version for 50 $ but I am also getting links for the same lens for canon at 200 $?! As you can see...it's a difficult scenario deciding what to come up with as a price.

I also found out there is a 70-260mm included in the deal, would also like a price on that too please
    Last edited by Kajuah; 08-20-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Need lens pricing advice

Can't help with the spotmatic question, but I got a MG with a 50mm asahi pentax f 2.0 and a generic zoom lens for $10. The camera needed light seals, and the zoom lens wasn't very good, but the 50mm was a gem. Well worth much more. I basically got the full kit which included bag, manual a couple of filters, etc....a great deal in my opinion. Hope you get as good of a deal.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Check out keh.com They have a comprehensive range of Lenses (for any system).

I have a spotmaitc as well, with a Super Tak 55mm and a 90-310(?)mm lens.

They are reasonably well priced, and keh have a really good reputation. Hope you find what you are looking for.
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

I would agree KEH is a grea starting spot. The Spotmatic is worth about $30.00 and the lens not a whole lot more, maybe $50 tops. You have to consider the Spotmatic will need a CLA either as soon as you get it or within a year. Great camera but getting old and as said already, it's going to need seals sooner or later.

The Vivitar is a better than average lens but not that much better. Can't help on the other lens. A complete guess is also around $30. These old zooms are not really that great and zoom technology has come a long way since that one was built.

Thread Information