Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

K200D discontinued/new model 2010?

I've seen some rumours on another website that the K200D is being discontinued and that there is no new model coming out until dec. 2009/jan 2010. Has anyone else heard this? As I said in a previous thread I am planning on buying one and was waiting until spring to see if a new model was announced causing the price to drop.

Perth, WA, Australia

Re: K200D discontinued/new model 2010?

You are correct, the K200D has been discontinued. You might be able to get a good price on a K200D if they are still in stock at a local store.

Otherwise, have a look at the K-m or K2000. There is supposed to be a new DSLR from Pentax this May/June. Pentax are being very coy about it though, from all I read. I don't think you can go wrong with the K2000.

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

Pentax Forum Moderator
    Platteville, WI, United States

Re: K200D discontinued/new model 2010?

hmmm...may be my chance to upgrade my *ist DL' a K200 cheap...hehe

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information