Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

K10D battery grip?

Does anyone have any experience with the K10D battery grip? Any comments before I consider investing in one?

Thanks
    Mike

Re: K10D battery grip?

Quote Originally Posted by Didache
    Does anyone have any experience with the K10D battery grip? Any comments before I consider investing in one?

Thanks
    Mike
    Are you ready..Being that I have three....LOVE THEM, LOVE THEM, LOVE THEM...I don't put the battery in the camera only in the Grip...Get it. What an ergonomic piece of art. Doesn't look like an after thought like many others do. It melds right in to the original body almost as if it was moulded from the other half of the original.

Thanks ben .. your opinion counts! Is there a reason why you just keep batteries in the grip? I am guessing that it's so that you can just switch battery packs the way you used to switch film backs!

Mike
    Last edited by Didache; 03-11-2007 at 01:28 AM.

Thanks ben .. your opinion counts! Is there a reason why you just keep batteries in the grip? I am guessing that it's so that you can just switch battery packs the way you used to switch film backs!

Mike
    I would rather not have to remove the grip every time I want to recharge the battery.

I usually set the camera to use the battery in the grip first. When it runs out, I switch to the battery in the body.

When I have time, I take the battery out of the grip and charge it. Once its done, I can put the fully charged battery in the camera and the partly used one in the grip.

That way I don't have to interrupt shooting for anything.

danag42 - that is probably how I would use it. I do several longish trips a year - where I can shoot 500+ images (plus reviewing, deleting, etc). Basically, I wanted it so I could just forget about the batteries!

Mike

danag42 - that is probably how I would use it. I do several longish trips a year - where I can shoot 500+ images (plus reviewing, deleting, etc). Basically, I wanted it so I could just forget about the batteries!

Mike
    In that case, it would work well for you. If you finish a day's shoot, you can charge both batteries but if you just want to start one charging immediately, you could use this method. The advantage is that you don't have to interrupt shooting while the battery charges.

Thread Information