Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thread: Icicle

Pentax Forum Moderator

Icicle

Finally got my Photoshop and Mikes Framer reloaded on the new computers. So thought I'd better start posting again. This is something I was playing with this morning. The shot is unprocessed. But I didn't have any of my saved settings for my Framer so was just trying some things.
    These Icicles are formed along US Hwy 151 between Platteville, WI and Dickeyville, WI.
    I have several more I hope to post here soon. I hope you like this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Icicle-icicles-1.jpg  
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Icicle

It appears to be a well composed photo. Not sure if you want critique on the photo or the frame. I think it would be a good frame to display the photo.
    I don't much like frames on pics on the web. Sometimes they enhance a photo but in this case it just overwhelms it. It would look good on a wall, though.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Good to see you posting pics Ken! I drove by those icicles a couple weeks ago. Someone else was pulled over photographing them too.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    It appears to be a well composed photo. Not sure if you want critique on the photo or the frame. I think it would be a good frame to display the photo.
    I don't much like frames on pics on the web. Sometimes they enhance a photo but in this case it just overwhelms it. It would look good on a wall, though.
    Thanx Frog for both comments (the photo and the frame). I actually am always looking for critiques on everything I do whether, like this one, which was just getting my feet wet again, or when I get down, dirty and serious! Your comment about the "hanging on the wall" was the kind of comment that I was hoping to hear. I know a lot of people on web postings like the smaller borders, but since guest speaker at our local club a several months ago, and some shows that I've been hesitant to join in on, I have been trying to get a feel for what looks good for "wall" posting. So, your critique hit the right spot. It gives me a boost to keep trying some other things. Maybe I'll get over my stage fright and finally start posting locally.

Thanx Michael, Those are a great subject. I miss the ones that used to be over by you before they messed them up with the new freeway. I've got a couple more I want to put on here. Maybe I'll do a small frame just for Frog..hehe
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Pentax Forum Moderator

Icicles 2

The next one. I adjusted the exposure/gamma/offset on this one slightly. Hope the frame is better for the web. What do you think??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Icicle-icicle2.jpg  
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information