Icicle

Printable View

• 02-23-2010, 07:51 PM
    ken1953
    1 Attachment(s)
    Icicle
    Finally got my Photoshop and Mikes Framer reloaded on the new computers. So thought I'd better start posting again. This is something I was playing with this morning. The shot is unprocessed. But I didn't have any of my saved settings for my Framer so was just trying some things.
    These Icicles are formed along US Hwy 151 between Platteville, WI and Dickeyville, WI.
    I have several more I hope to post here soon. I hope you like this one.
  • 02-23-2010, 11:33 PM
    Frog
    Re: Icicle
    It appears to be a well composed photo. Not sure if you want critique on the photo or the frame. I think it would be a good frame to display the photo.
    I don't much like frames on pics on the web. Sometimes they enhance a photo but in this case it just overwhelms it. It would look good on a wall, though.
  • 02-24-2010, 06:00 AM
    mjs1973
    Good to see you posting pics Ken! I drove by those icicles a couple weeks ago. Someone else was pulled over photographing them too. :)
  • 02-24-2010, 08:10 AM
    ken1953
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    It appears to be a well composed photo. Not sure if you want critique on the photo or the frame. I think it would be a good frame to display the photo.
    I don't much like frames on pics on the web. Sometimes they enhance a photo but in this case it just overwhelms it. It would look good on a wall, though.

Thanx Frog for both comments (the photo and the frame). I actually am always looking for critiques on everything I do whether, like this one, which was just getting my feet wet again, or when I get down, dirty and serious! Your comment about the "hanging on the wall" was the kind of comment that I was hoping to hear. I know a lot of people on web postings like the smaller borders, but since guest speaker at our local club a several months ago, and some shows that I've been hesitant to join in on, I have been trying to get a feel for what looks good for "wall" posting. So, your critique hit the right spot. It gives me a boost to keep trying some other things. Maybe I'll get over my stage fright and finally start posting locally.

Thanx Michael, Those are a great subject. I miss the ones that used to be over by you before they messed them up with the new freeway. I've got a couple more I want to put on here. Maybe I'll do a small frame just for Frog..hehe
  • 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM
    ken1953
    1 Attachment(s)
    Icicles 2
    The next one. I adjusted the exposure/gamma/offset on this one slightly. Hope the frame is better for the web. What do you think??