Double Exposure on *IST

Printable View

• 07-28-2006, 11:44 AM
    Jason ON
    Double Exposure on *IST
    I have a *IST DS and was wondering if anyone knew how to do a double exposure on the camera? I can't find a setting in the menu or on the wheel at the top, so I'm unsure if the camera is capable. If it's not, can someone explain how to do in in Photoshop 7.0?

Thanks,
  • 08-01-2006, 08:06 AM
    SpeedingSphere
    Re: Double Exposure on *IST
    in photoshop you can make 3 layers, heres 2 ways to do it.

1 black, and 2 of each picture, set the pictures opacity to like 60%, then brighten

or

1 white, make 2 of each picture, set the pictures opacity to like 60%, then darken. I dont think you can do it without a background.
  • 08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
    mwfanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason ON
    I have a *IST DS and was wondering if anyone knew how to do a double exposure on the camera? I can't find a setting in the menu or on the wheel at the top, so I'm unsure if the camera is capable. If it's not, can someone explain how to do in in Photoshop 7.0?

Thanks,

Digital cameras don't do double exposures. You can make any double, triple, ten-times exposure, etc. by layering in PhotoShop.
  • 08-01-2006, 09:49 AM
    deckcadet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mwfanelli
    Digital cameras don't do double exposures. You can make any double, triple, ten-times exposure, etc. by layering in PhotoShop.

Some digital cameras do support multiple exposure and image overlay in camera. My Nikon D200 and D2Hs cameras offer both options.

However, I do not believe the Pentax cameras have this feature, and it generally only exists in the professional/semi-professional levels of camera.
  • 08-06-2006, 04:06 PM
    danag42
    The Pentax *st D supports up to 9 exposures on a frame. The setting is right out there on the camera, if you have a different model you may not be able to make multiple exposures in your camera.