Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thread: Canon or Nikon?

Canon or Nikon?

Pardon the Repeat Post Just In Case you Didn't Read:

Canon or Nikon. Which Camera is More "Pro?"

This was a Poll from another Forum. It was a Poll given by someone who in my opinion has been profoundly and inexorably brainwashed and as a result I felt compelled to leave the following message:

My Heading: Neither...All Of and Anything that Can...

This is a false premise...Most of the present day DSLR's can be used professionally. Whether it is Sony, Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma, Leica or Samsung. Ten million pixels is more than enough o be published in all types of magazines as well as most poster formats. I have been published using the Canon 350D, just to prove to myself that it doesn't really matter. I once used a Canon G5 circa 2002-3 5megapixel camera with hot-shoe and RAW capability and was also published with it.

I am fed up with pixel peeping incompetents that spend most of their time scrutinizing the screen on the computer rather than enjoying the act of expression. If what you find joy in is the technical aspects of the anatomy of a camera, perhaps that may be the subject of your post. I can guarantee that if I gave you a 'Blad with a 39 mega pixel back it wouldn't improve on your capacity to express what you are expressing presently and until you understand the need to have "X-Zillion" Pixels, I suggest you spend more time perfecting your art. By doing so you may then ask yourself. Is the tool I am using limiting my capacity to express that which I need to express by being technically substandard? Is it therefore impeding my capacity to express myself? Give me a Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, Leica, Olympus, Sigma or what ever and I will take images that will work because I know the support it will be utilized in.

It is the photographer and not the camera that captures the image. It is through those eyes that we can see a part of the "ID" and what is important to the artist. It is the capturing of that moment that makes the individual unique. The decision as to when one captures the moment is crucial to his/her expression and not with which camera it was taken with.

Ben

Re: Canon or Nikon?

Nice!

I sold a cropped file from a 4-megapixel G2 for a 6 foot tradeshow print. That's my favorite example. The image fit the bill, as did the quality. Was it as good as a 10-megapixel digital SLR files? Nope. Did it do the job? Yup. Did I get paid? Yup. That makes it pro
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Nice!

I sold a cropped file from a 4-megapixel G2 for a 6 foot tradeshow print. That's my favorite example. The image fit the bill, as did the quality. Was it as good as a 10-megapixel digital SLR files? Nope. Did it do the job? Yup. Did I get paid? Yup. That makes it pro
    That says it all. A pro camera is a camera used by a pro. Even if it's a point and shoot that the pro happens to have on their person at the right moment! (keep a small camera in your car, folks, just in case).

Pentax Forum Moderator

I can't remember where the post is on here any more...but sometime after I first got started, there was a post about a National Geographic photographer who used only point and shoots....As has been said here, many times, it's not the camera, it's the photographer behind the camera, in most cases.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information