Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>
    The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

=Why I love my ME Super=

Hi folks.
    The more I use my ME Super, the more I love it. Its small size with a small lens makes it easy to toss into the bag and go...It is durable and does not need to to pampered like DSLR's do....Besides, as I was waling through Elysian Park yesterday on my way to Hollywood to shoot a roll, I got to thinking....This ME Super also makes a good weapon...as does the K1000's...Anyway, here are a few of yesterdays images...ME super with Tokina 28mm F/2.8 lens, loaded with Fuji ISO200 speed standard film.

Overlooking downtown Los Angeles and Dodger stadium

Cruising through the park, I came accross this old camper...Looked interesting so I shot it..

I went to the Kodak theature where the ''stars'' walk the red carpet..

Here is inside the Kodak theature..I must admit, I am surprised this shot came out..I was wide open and as slow a shutter as I could stand for hand holding...It is pretty dark in there, or should I say..''bad light''

From up top the Kodak, 5 stories high. Looking down on Hollywood Blvd

Looking up at the famous Manns Chinese theature

Looking across the street to the world famous ''El Capitan''

Looking a brand new billboard that just got put up.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Re: =Why I love my ME Super=

Thats some nice shooting Javier, especially The B&W.

Just me and my camera

I really love those shots, especially the Black and White one looking down on Hollywood Blvd.
    "You put your camera around your neck along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you."--Dorothea Lange

Folks,
    Thanks for the comments. When I got home and looked at the images on my calibrated monitor, I was disappointed in what I saw..

Anyway, Here are three I scanned myself using my HP G3010 with vuescan software.
    I scanned at 300dpi (quick scans) and resized to 800 pix to fit the forum rules.
    First thing I noticed is the pretty film grain is back
    What are your thoughts? compared to the CVS scans?

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Pentax Forum Moderator

Wonderful shots Javier. That 2nd shot reminds me of when I lived there in the late '60's only then the buses had lots of flowers and peace signs painted on them!!!! hahahaha
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Ken I didn't know you were a flower child hee hee
    K10d pentax 50-200 f4-5.6 sigma 100-300 f4 sigma 18-50mm f2.8 ex dc macro Kenko AF 1.5 DG

Pentax Forum Moderator

Never made it San Francisco or Woodstock, but spent some time around Southern Cal and am a lifelong "hippie"!!!!
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

CVS scans are appalling in comparison.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    CVS scans are appalling in comparison.
    Yep, that was my though as well. Turns out I need to request that they do NO PP work on them...I told them it should be the other way around.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Thread Information