Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thumbs down Olympus FE-310 Software problem

Camera worked fine until I updated its software. Can somebody pls tell me how to install the original software (how to flash it and install original firmware)?

THX

Re: Olympus FE-310 Software problem

I don't know if you can? I would give CS a call. Maybe they have an idea. Did it just completly quit working?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I dont know... its OK when I turn it on, but when I try to take a picture, screen goes black, but the lens stay out...

I can't find a firware update for this camera at the Olympus site. Did you use Olympus Master 2 to get the update?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Yes, and that update was bad.. Please help..

If the camera is still under warrenty I would try and return it. I am almost certain you can not undo an update. But if it was bad CS should help you. I will try and contact CS for you.

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by shone1
    I dont know... its OK when I turn it on, but when I try to take a picture, screen goes black, but the lens stay out...
    I have a brand new FE-310, I bought it for holiday. After my holiday I save it within 2-3month & when I would like to used it again after 4-5times shoots that there's a warning about battery empty & directly shutdown the camera.

Before I think this's caused by the battery problem that I starts to change the battery & testing by voltage meter & it's okay.

I return to the official CS & he ask me for about USD70 to buy the new circuit board. He told me that there's a problem is caused by defective IC on the board.

I just take the camera & don't repair it. USD70 already half of the price of the camera & not make any sense for me to repair it.

Somebody know how to repair this camera/buy a spareparts for this camera by myself.?

Thread Information