Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Note to owners of Olympus E500

On page 133 of the manual supplied with the camera, it tells about the warning tone it is supposed to bleep when you press any button. Well mine did not work. I was not all that worried beacuse I could live with it. But still I decided to write to Olympus technical support and inform them snice I was still coverd by the waranty. Two days later I recieved an answer. It said that the tone or the camera bleeps when one is on auto foucus or there is a card error. I tried this ie, AF and it worked. Tech support also said that there is an error in the manual. So Guys take note.:thumbsup:

Re: Note to owners of Olympus E500

Good stuff. This is a valuable post. Thank you.

Have you posted a review for your camera? A lot of people come to the site through Google links to the reviews. The best way to share this information would be to post a review and include it there. And we can always use more reviews. Here's a link to the E500 review page:

Read and write Olympus E500 Reviews >>

Thanks!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by K815Robert
    On page 133 of the manual supplied with the camera, it tells about the warning tone it is supposed to bleep when you press any button. Well mine did not work. I was not all that worried beacuse I could live with it. But still I decided to write to Olympus technical support and inform them snice I was still coverd by the waranty. Two days later I recieved an answer. It said that the tone or the camera bleeps when one is on auto foucus or there is a card error. I tried this ie, AF and it worked. Tech support also said that there is an error in the manual. So Guys take note.:thumbsup:
    That's good to know..:thumbsup:

Thanks!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

PJ's post about using the camera's metering is definitly something you should take note of in your testing. I've got a couple of older long lens that don't meter quite like I think they should for some odd optics reason, probably due to an anomaly or optical flaw that causes light to get more concentrated on one area of the TTL metering. Try the narrowest form, like spot or central metering with this lens. The light falloff at the corners on all the mirrors is dreadful and a matrix or average metering can easily produce bad results.

the manual supplied with the camera, it tells about the warning tone it is supposed to bleep when you press any button. Well mine did not work. I was not all that worried beacuse I could live with it. But still I decided to write to Olympus technical support and inform them snice I was still coverd by the waranty. Two days later I recieved an answer. It said that the tone or the camera bleeps when one is on auto foucus or there is a card error. I tried this ie, AF and it worked. Tech support also said that there is an error in the manual. So Guys take note.:thumbsup:

Hey,go to camerastore.com

Thread Information