Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: olympus 70-300

Re: olympus 70-300

Haven't been here in a while. I put a review up when I first purchased the 70 300 sometime back and since then I have learned a lot on how to use it. My progression with it and using the 510 have been a real learning experience and I still say there is no lens out there for this price that even comes close to what it can do from macro to BIFs. Here's a few shots taken with it.
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails olympus 70-300-friturkgg.jpg   olympus 70-300-hawkmay10.jpg   olympus 70-300-sunmaygoose1.jpg   olympus 70-300-swallowb.jpg   olympus 70-300-sundeer1.jpg  

Liz

Great shots! I've seen what this lens can do. I'm back and forth trying to decide whether it's worth it to cash in my 40-150 (not worth much in cash, but nice lens). It would cost me about $180-$200 more to purchase the 70-300.

Seeing your images (the 2 birds look 3-D), I'm tempted even more.

Liz

If it's birds you want to shoot then it's worth it. I would like even more reach so for the last 6 months I've been back and forth on either the 50 200 with EC14 or the bigma 50 500. I guess it boils down to what you want to take shots of. You can carry the 70 300 afield with you without getting a neck ache from it, and it has pretty good reach but it is a light hog and takes quite a while to master on BIFs. Like any lens the closer you can get the better the shot normally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information