Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

New Olympus E-3 In The House!

Read our Olympus E-3 DSLR Preview >>

The new Olympus E-3 DSLR showed up on my doorstep yesterday - along with a couple of lenses and the vertical grip. I was supposed to leave for California yesterday but I delayed my trip just so I could get all the studio tests and product shots done. This morning the camera will get shipped to Laurence Chen, who did our Olympus E-510, Pentax K10D, Canon EOS 20D, and a bunch of other pro reviews. But I wanted to let you know we had it and just show it off a little.

The first photo is all the stuff they sent. It's the E-3 body - which you can see, the Power Battery Holder, the new Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 SWD lens, 70-300 f/4.0-5.6 lens, and an extra batttery. It's a pretty sweet, do-it-all setup. And just remind you, Olympus is claiming that the E-3 with the 12-60mm SWD lens has the fastest available auto focus. That was even compared to the Canon EOS-1D Mark III. As a sports photographer, I'm pretty excited about that. I'll have to wait until larry's done with his review to find out for myself.

The second photo is the E-3 in action - shooting the studio tests using Live View mode. This was awesome because I hate having to squat down or bend over to shoot stuff like this in the studio. I would love to have this camera for studio photography. It would be very nice for my back

The third photo is the E-3 next to the Canon EOS 40D - just for scale. The E-3 is not a tiny camera. It's pretty big and hefty. It's definitely not the E-510, which I really like for it's compact size and low weight. It has the look, feel, and substance of a pro camera.

The studio tests are all shot and will be posted on Monday. I don't have time to do it today. Got a 12 hour drive from Salt Lake to San Francisco in front of me!

Read our Olympus E-3 DSLR Preview >>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Olympus E-3 In The House!-_mg_5793.jpg   New Olympus E-3 In The House!-_z3j2287.jpg   New Olympus E-3 In The House!-_mg_5797.jpg  
    Last edited by Photo-John; 11-24-2007 at 11:35 AM.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: New Olympus E-3 In The House!

It looks great John and from what I have been reading it lives up to the press. Enjoy it and please post some night pictures with the IS........
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Great spagetti monster I'm jealous!

It's already gone. I shipped it off to Laurence Chen yesterday. All I did was shoot the studio tests. I won't get my chance with it until Larry is done with the review.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information