Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

My Olympus E-P3 Long-Term Review

I just posted my final Olympus E-P3 review. I've really put this one through the ringer. I got it before it was announced, I shot my own wedding with it, took it to Europe on my honeymoon and shot a couple of tradeshows with it. I captured a lot of memories with it and have lots of great photos to show. It's rare that I get emotionally attached to a camera. But it's going to be sad sending this one back to olympus.

Olympus E-P3 Pro Review >>

If you've got any questions about the camera, please post them in the comments section at the bottom of any of the review pages. That way the discussion will add to the review.

Those of you who have the E-P3, please write your own review. We still don't have any E-P3 user reviews.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: My Olympus E-P3 Long-Term Review

Whaaaaaat? Send it back??? Bummer. I've got the E-PM1, same guts, different interface. Maybe I'll put up a review of it.

So you got to play with the 12mm as well! I thought you only had the zooms. How did you like the 12?
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol View Post
    Whaaaaaat? Send it back??? Bummer. I've got the E-PM1, same guts, different interface. Maybe I'll put up a review of it.

So you got to play with the 12mm as well! I thought you only had the zooms. How did you like the 12?
    It's their camera, not mine. Luckily, I've got the E-PL3 lined up next

Yes - I've got the 12mm. Love it! I also have the 17mm and it's also pretty sweet, although I don't love it the same way I do the 12mm.

The continuous auto focus may not work for sports. But overall, I really love the E-P3. Unless I was shooting a race or something where I absolutely needed continuous AF, the E-P3 has been my go-to camera since it arrived on my doorstep
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The E-P3 is gonna end up being my back-up second body to accompany the E-M5.

Thread Information