Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Infinity Twin 35mm

I had the chance to purchase a good condition Infinity Twin for $7 (including the case) and decided to grab it. It's my first Olympus camera, and for a point-and-shoot, I'm pretty happy with it. After a test roll of film, I feel that the focus should be a bit sharper, but overall, a decent camera. Is there anything I should know about it (besides the overheating recall) that would add to my upcoming photo experiences with it? This is one of the Twin's test photos I took of Charlotte Beach (near Rochester, NY) at sunset.

Re: Infinity Twin 35mm

Well when I shoot landscapes with a DSLR I always focus one third the way into the shot. There are times if I just throw the camera up and AF the images can be slightly soft. Not everytime but sometimes. I have never really used a lot of P&S cameras but I would think the technique would work the same. For example in your picture I would have focused on the bridge, pushing the shutter half way down, composed the shoot and then fired away. Also if this was low light then you could have had some motion blur. A sturdy tripod will help keep your images super sharp. If your camera has a timer, put it on the tripod and set the timer so your hands are not on the camera when it exposes the shot. That's a very nice picture by the way...
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Infinity Twin 35mm

Greg, thanks for the pointers. It was one of those off-the-cuff shots. I saw it, pulled out the camera, and shot before anything changed. I'll try the focus lock like you recommend and see if it improves things. I'm used to manual everything with my K1000 and C220's, and almost need to relearn how to just point and shoot.

Andy

Thread Information