Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thread: I'm digital now

I'm digital now

I just ordered the E-Volt 500 kit from Beach Camera. After reading reviews and post here and also looking at the price I went for the Olympus. I hope everyone is ready for some future silly questions. This is my first DSLR. Thanks for adding this section for post, now I will have somewhere to go. My first silly question is what are we going to call ourselfs, I am not sure I like Olympians, but it sounds good. What about ReVoltionist.LOL
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: I'm digital now

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    I just ordered the E-Volt 500 kit from Beach Camera. After reading reviews and post here and also looking at the price I went for the Olympus. I hope everyone is ready for some future silly questions. This is my first DSLR. Thanks for adding this section for post, now I will have somewhere to go. My first silly question is what are we going to call ourselfs, I am not sure I like Olympians, but it sounds good. What about ReVoltionist.LOL
    Greg
    WOOOHOOO!!!

WTG on a great purchase!

I just got my E-500 from BeachCamera this morning, and I am just waiting for the battery to charge up. I am going to make a post in the VF and here about.

As for a name, well I kinda like, The Gods Of Olympus!

I of course would be Zeus...

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

It would help me some if you would post or pm me your camera settings once you get it set up. I have never set a DSLR camera up before. Thanks,
    Mercury,"The Photographer formerly known as Greg McCary"
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Greg,

There is a very informative article on Customising the E-500 at the following URL:

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/e500-sett.html

The writer recommends reading the above article first and then reading the one he has titled as "Using your E-500" at:

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/e500-using.html

Near the bottom of the article, there is a link to "Other articles" he has written pertaining to the E series Olympus cameras.

As you can see, this is my first post on this forum. I am glad to have found it and look forward to learning more about the Olympus from all you guys (Gals, too).

Dale
    Shelby, NC

Thanks I will check it out...
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information