Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thread: E500 Lenses

E500 Lenses

Does anyone know of any other lenses that are available that will fully function with an Olympus E500?

Re: E500 Lenses

There are a lot of lens available, search Sigma for the best prices.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Sigma makes a few very affordable ones. Check Adorama and B&H Photo Video.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I just ordered a Sigma 135-400 to shoot ducks and geese. While not the sharpest lens wide open, when stopped down a couple of stops it's razor sharp. As with all lenses, you've got to find the "sweet spot", the sharpest aperature for each individual lens. It will vary from lens to lens, make to make. In today's optical world, there really isn't a bad lens out there, some are made a lot more durable than others, but if you shop around and talk to people, you won't go wrong with a major make of lens.

Mark

I have been considering a Sigma Zoom later on. Post a picture or two when you get it Mark...
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Greg,
    I had a couple of the big Sigma 300f2.8s in the Air Force and they were great lenses. Now that I'm retired, I don't have the funds availability that I had in the AF. But like I said in the earlier post, if you buy a lens from one of the major makers, you really can't go wrong. What you do need to do is to shoot a bunch of test images to find the sweet spot before you try and use the lens on a paid job. Like any piece of equipment, the more you use and know it, the more comfortable you become with it. The camera body and the lens should serve as an extention of your eye. I see a ton of people getting cuaght up in the megapixel myth, without knowing their equipment, they're incapable of truely using it to their advantage. I routinely made 30x40 prints from Nikon D1X files, a 5.47 megapixel CCD. When you stand back and view the prints from a normal viewing distance, framed and matted up on the wall, they look great. I've taken my E-1 images out to 11x17 printed on a Xerox 7750 laserprinter, and under glass on the wall, they look flawless. Hell, I've got some old original D1 files that have been enlarged to 20x24 and they look fine. The original D1 was 2.87 megapixels. Shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

Mark

Thanks Mark, That helps a lot. I may invest in a Sigma soon.

Sony a99/a7R

I currently own the Bigma (sigma 50 - 500 APO) with the 4/3 mount. It has replaced all other zooms in my kit bag. I now only carry the 50 - 500 and the 14 - 45 kit lens for the wide angles and such in my bag. The Bigma does have its issues, best aperture setting is around 8 - 11, and the fact that it weighs 9 lbs lol, but overall it is the best bang for the buck price wise that I have found. $999 at B&H photo
    Shooting with an Olympus Evolt E-510 and loving it

Equipment list:
    Olympus Evolt E-3, E-620, E-500
    Olympus Zuiko 40 - 150 F4.0 - 5.6
    Olympus Zuiko 14 - 45 F 2.8 - 3.6
    Sigma 50 - 500 F 4.0 - 6.3
    Sigma 70 - 200 F2.8
    Olympus FL-38 Flash x2
    Vivitar 285 HV
    Better Beamer Flash Extender

http://www.jdtimages.ca/

A Photographer that is fluent in Sarcasm.

Thread Information