E-M5 night shot

Printable View

• 06-17-2012, 05:43 PM
    Greg McCary
    E-M5 night shot
    I like doing night shots, long exposures to make lakes look frozen or glassy. So I wish the E-M5 had a lower ISO setting than 200iso. This was taken with a 9-18mm. I am not sure this version of the 9-18mm is as sharp as the 4/3rd version. This is certainly not the best picture I ever took but practicing some. I did have some distractions to shoot around. Maybe Olympus could add it in their first firmware upgrade, I hope you are listening Olympus. Also focus peaking Please, Please.
    So far so good. I think this one will easily be in the running for camera of the year. I am certain Nikon will take the honors this year with the D800.
    I am not big on high ISO shooting but I will get some example shots later. I haven't read to many bad things about the OMD E-M5. I think Olympus is on the road to recovery. I love the ergonomics of the E-M5.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7226/7...68a29ece_b.jpg
    Old Dump Truck by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
  • 06-18-2012, 11:27 PM
    ELS
    Re: E-M5 night shot
    Hi Greg:

Thanks for sharing...

Hoping to see many more photos with your E-M5..

Have a nice day,

Ed
  • 06-19-2012, 06:16 AM
    Liz
    Great work! Wow! So much detail.....you are really making that E-M5 sing!!!!!

I love the lighting, especially the red inside the truck. How did you do this?

Also - I think the shoes on the ground near the door really add character to the image!

The way you use light brings your images to life, Greg. I notice that in many of your shots, especially night shots.

Liz
  • 06-19-2012, 07:35 AM
    armando_m
    Wonderful color on the truck body , factories should start to offer it, intense rust , or something like it

I may just have lowered a bit the red luminosity inside the truck

nice lightning job ! and good composition :)
  • 06-19-2012, 01:01 PM
    Greg McCary
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Great work! Wow! So much detail.....you are really making that E-M5 sing!!!!!

I love the lighting, especially the red inside the truck. How did you do this?

Also - I think the shoes on the ground near the door really add character to the image!

The way you use light brings your images to life, Greg. I notice that in many of your shots, especially night shots.

Liz

Thanks Liz, I use a wireless flash and a colored gel over the flash for the inside. I hand fire a flash for the outside.
  • 06-19-2012, 01:02 PM
    Greg McCary
    Quote:

Originally Posted by armando_m View Post
    Wonderful color on the truck body , factories should start to offer it, intense rust , or something like it

I may just have lowered a bit the red luminosity inside the truck

nice lightning job ! and good composition :)

Thanks Armando.
  • 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM
    ELS
    Nice effect.....

Looking forward to more E-M5 shots... :thumbsup:

Ed