Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Lightbulb The Converters on 70/300 Telephoto

Hi all I have the E620 great little camera and my second DSLR after the E410, just love it the same way as the former too, I am in the market for the converter, seen good and bad from users on the 70/300mm, any experience with it, please tell, as it is quite expensive, I want to get closer to the action with the 70/300 right now and then get the 50/200 later this year all being well, some say, that the EC20 will not perform well with the 70/300, some say it does, really need more info to work with, and cross ref with EPZ my main website I use.

Thanks for the feedback, Olympus is on the Up and Up... waiting for the E4...we all are'''''

Thanks Chen.

Re: The Converters on 70/300 Telephoto

The EC20 works ok on the higher end lenses but I think you will only get frustrated using it with the 70-300mm. The lens is just to slow and the converter will cost you two stops of light. It might work some what if the lighting is perfect. I have read mixed reviews when it is used with the 50-200mm.
    I haven't used a x2 converter since my film days and they only left me frustrated then.The ones I used always seemed to lower the IQ.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I had the 2x converter and used with my 70-300mm. Nothing good unless it was a really bright day. I ended up selling it but now I am looking for a 1.4 converter at a good price.

Save your money and buy the 50 500, the converters are both very good but on a lens that starts slow to begin with you will only be able to shoot in very good light. The 70 300 is a great lens for the price but it is not good in low light conditions even without the converters

Thread Information