Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Another EP-1 owner

I'm just pushing the limits on my EP-1 and finding out just how much the salesman did not know. Disappointing that my local Pro dealer didn't have a clue
    The dealer also said on the phone they had the GH-1 in stock, turned up there and they didn't. So I would have just got the EP-1 from Jessops here in Oxford.

Biggest EP-1 issue?
    You can't get C-AF on 4/3 lenses, only Micro 4/3.
    I wasn't planning on using the EP-1 as a primary sports camera, but it would have been nice as a backup in my pocket.

It looks nice and small with the lens collapsed and locked, but in use, that lens looks long for 14mm!
    Close focus is amazing at 42mm, not a macro lens but almost as good as.

Oh and I have big pockets to carry it around in, so expect quite a few photos
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Liz

Re: Another EP-1 owner

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    I'm just pushing the limits on my EP-1 and finding out just how much the salesman did not know. Disappointing that my local Pro dealer didn't have a clue
    The dealer also said on the phone they had the GH-1 in stock, turned up there and they didn't. So I would have just got the EP-1 from Jessops here in Oxford.

Biggest EP-1 issue?
    You can't get C-AF on 4/3 lenses, only Micro 4/3.
    I wasn't planning on using the EP-1 as a primary sports camera, but it would have been nice as a backup in my pocket.

It looks nice and small with the lens collapsed and locked, but in use, that lens looks long for 14mm!
    Close focus is amazing at 42mm, not a macro lens but almost as good as.

Oh and I have big pockets to carry it around in, so expect quite a few photos
    Congratulations Paul!

I think you will love this camera - once you get used to it. It's quite different from anything I've used before, but then I never used a rangefinder. I found the lens choices very confusing at first as I found more and more lenses that could be used with it. However, my confusion came with all the adaptors.......and trying to figure out which one. I finally decided to hold off buying any manual or legacy lenses until I see what Olympus and/or Panasonic will come out with in the next couple of months. I read that Panasonic is coming out with a 20mm/f1.7 which sounds interesting. I'm wondering about the price. It's great that you can use Panasonic and Olympus M4/3 lenses on both cameras - and they work with the camera.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. I'm so happy there are 3 of us here now as far as I know that have the E-P1.

Liz

Here's the first few of an unwilling model - sorry Tess !
    Indoor shots are ISO 6400, except the last with her paw outstretched, ISO 1600.
    The G9 would be utterly useless above ISO 800.
    Outdoor, ISO 500.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another EP-1 owner-_8010009.jpg   Another EP-1 owner-_8010011.jpg   Another EP-1 owner-_8010012.jpg   Another EP-1 owner-_8010014.jpg   Another EP-1 owner-_8010019.jpg  

PAul

Re: Another E-P1 owner

Gymkhana in the clouds, 28mm and 42mm the 3rd and 4th photos from the E-P1
    Intelligent Auto mode, straightened in Lightroom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another EP-1 owner-p8010004.jpg   Another EP-1 owner-p8010003.jpg  
    PAul

A riot of colour (shame the sun wasn't out) in a garden on the way to pick up Angie's medicine.
    Yes poor miss piggy upstairs in bed is showing signs of 'flu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another EP-1 owner-_8020025.jpg  
    PAul

Thread Information