PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

X-Men....Wolverine

Anyone seen it? I skipped out of work yesterday afternoon and went.

Here's what I read online...

Those who are diehard X-Men fans are going to be annoyed and disappointed by it. Those who are not familiar with the comic are going to be confused.

I fall somewhere in the middle. By no means diehard, but pretty familiar.

LOVED IT!!

K, I loved the other X-men movies as well, I just have always like X-Men, and remember watching the cartoon on a regular basis. I never read the comic, so I'm not comparing anything to it. But this one was pretty good. Did a good job explaining how he got to where he is in the first three movies, and I think they did a really good job casting the other people.

My biggest dislike has always been Halle Berry as Storm. While she's smokin hot, and does fine in the role, I just always think Iman when I think of Storm. (Iman is a model/actress and is married to David Bowie).

Oh, and we get to see Hugh Jackman's bare ass. Always enjoyable.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

GB1

Re: X-Men....Wolverine

Ha.. I was waiting for you to say what you said in the last line there, Adina.. knew it was coming.

Yep, movies never follow the books or comics exactly. I'm often disappointed when they don't, though I agree that some things don't translate from book-to-screen very well. At other times it's probably just the director's ego.

Any other upcoming comic releases?

They've been working on an animated Conan the Barbarian adoption of Robert E Howard's "Red Nails" story forever.. when the heck they're going to release it is anyone's guess.

I also keep waiting on a movie or TV series on the DC comic bounty hunter Jonah Hex, but looks like that's on the back burner (they'd probably screw that one up anyway..)
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

GI Joe comes out this summer.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

When are they going to do Weird Al Yankovich's "Conan the Librarian?"
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Yep i saw it last weekend and it's really good. I really liked it, i'm not even really a xmen fan either. Maybe i'll have to watch the other movies now.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Actually just saw this tonight. I liked it, but my expectations were low due to the reviews.

Who are they doing next?
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Chicagoland, IL, USA (transplanted canadian)

It was pretty much what I had expected, enjoyable for what it was. It was interesting seeing some of the history between Stryker and Logan. I always found his loss of memory to be a little too convenient, but the reasoning explaining it made sense.

I found some of the special effects to be great, and others to be far too cheesie. Some blended nicely, while others just stuck out horribly (ie scene where he cuts through the side of the Humvee.)

Regardless, I enjoyed it...

GI Joe on the other hand, I may just have to wait on that one. When I saw the trailer during Star Trek (which I think will be one of the best releases of of the year) I just went, "Are you kidding me?" I don't know, I may just have to go see for the sake of seeing it. There have been many movie trailers that look great, and the movie was horrible. The trailer turned out to be the only good parts of the movie. Perhaps it could go the other way.
    Cheers,
    Greg

---
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II VC (new favorite)
    EF-S IS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6; EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III; EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    Sony CyberShot DSC-V1

Thread Information