PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Work Inspired By Blade Runner

The final cut of Blade Runner so close to being release is very exciting to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm glad that it's going to be re-release and remastered, as well as not being rushed. Lately I've been interested in looking up things that have been inspired by the movie, but there aren't too many things that come to mind when I think about it. (I've heard from many that a lot of things have been inspired by the movie, so I'm sure there are plenty, but I just can't make the connections.) I do know that Zack Snyder drew inspiration from the movie while directing 300 (which is pretty cool, in my opinion.) I also know that Rob Zombie took some inspiration from the movie for a couple of his songs, as well, but that's all I can think of. I know that there are more out there, but nothing else is coming to mind.

I'm very pleased to hear that this is coming with loads of new things as well as much better special effects. I think it's great when they touch up the special effects for a re-release because it shows that they're not just doing it simply to make money. (Now things won't be so dated and even the younger crowd can enjoy it.)

I've also come across a contest that they're having that I'm interested about entering. Hopefully I win that entertainment system that they're offering, but who knows. There are lots of people that draw inspiration and I'm wondering if my work can come close to being on the same level as theirs.

But yeah, does anyone know of anymore inspirations? I really find that stuff interesting and it's great to see how some artists created certain things.

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Re: Work Inspired By Blade Runner

I am awaiting the new release as well. But adding special effects? Good grief, the movie stands as it is. Adding a bunch of silly effects might appeal to the young who know nothing better but not to us who still have an imagination. I really truly hope that Blade Runner is not turned into some mindless special effects circus.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Work Inspired By Blade Runner

I agree with you Michael, we don't need no stinking overblown CGI. The original is one of my personal top 20 favorite movies.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information