PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

War profiteering, and the Military Industrial Complex.

In Former President and US Military General Eisenhowers farewell address to the nation, he stated:

"A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction...

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence — economic, political, even spiritual — is felt in every city, every statehouse, every office of the federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: War profiteering, and the Military Industrial Complex.

Your graphs tell quite a story. Thanx!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Anbesol,

Though I find your post interesting, I also feel that in every war, certain industry profits. It has happened in WW II, Koera, Vietnam, Grenada, Somalia and both Iraq wars. Nature of the business.

Your posts are always interesting and thought provoking, regardless of where we stand on issues. You challenge us to "think outside the box" a little and challenge our government, which is our job as citizens.

Thanks for the graphs and post.

Phil
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

The question really, is - is this situation the very thing that Eisenhower warned us about? All indicators to me, point to yes. The CEO of the most blatant profiteering company is the vice president.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol
    The question really, is - is this situation the very thing that Eisenhower warned us about? All indicators to me, point to yes. The CEO of the most blatant profiteering company is the vice president.
    I was just about to point that out
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Thread Information