PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Liz

Theater tickets purchase NYC?

I need some info regarding the best way/place to purchase theatre tickets for South Pacific playing at Lincoln Center. I haven't purchased theatre tickets in years, so googling and getting too many options made it confusing. It's a birthday present for a friend - and me.

Questions:
    Does anyone have a suggestion from your own experience?
    How do I know which place to purchase from? IOW, are they all reputable?
    Do they charge a fee?

Thanks!
    Liz

Re: Theater tickets purchase NYC?

Liz,

I have heard of this place, http://www.nyctourist.com/broadway_tkts.asp, but personally never purchased tickets from them. I have seen people talk about them from hotel comments in the area. The only down side, they only sale tickets for performances on that day.

James

Liz

Re: Theater tickets purchase NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesV
    Liz,

I have heard of this place, http://www.nyctourist.com/broadway_tkts.asp, but personally never purchased tickets from them. I have seen people talk about them from hotel comments in the area. The only down side, they only sale tickets for performances on that day.

James
    Thanks James....I spoke with some friends last night and they also gave me some ideas. I've checked out some prices of tickets and discovered that "South Pacific" is one of the most popular musicals. That means we will most likely have to wait until later in the summer or the fall to get tickets at a reasonable price. $360 a ticket isn't in my budget. I couldn't believe that some of the ticket prices if you want to go in the next couple of months are over $600.......However, the longer you wait, the less you have to pay.

Liz

Thread Information