PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

swine flu swine flu

How we doing guys? Anyone got it? Anyone's kids got it? Anyone wearing a facemask to work yet?

The youngest came home from school today with a fever, very mild, and no other symptoms. We'll see....
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: swine flu swine flu

Dear Adina,
    I truly hope your little one just has a little "bug" that will be gone tomorrow.

I think I'm gonna make it. Haven't got it yet.
    I wonder what would happen if one enter their bank with a facemask on.

Was talking with my doctor when another patient was being shown to his room. As he walked by he said;"I think I've got swine flu, all I want to do is eat corn and wallow in the mud."

My doctor did not crack a smile, with a "dead pan" expression he said:" That's better than avian flu..... makes you want to go to the bathroom on windshields."
    Plant a tree, help it grow. Children need something to climb.
    Critique any picture; any where; any time.

Nothing yet

It seems to have calmed down. A few schools have been closed temporarily following an outbreak in a class. People say it's because it's relatively warm still. It usually stays this way till the start of November then turns gloomy and depressing for Armistice Day (11th November).
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

ugh. her fever was gone before dh even got her home. so far we are good!
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Hi Everyone,

I am going to discuss some important tips for swine flu. I am sharing some home remedies to avoid swine flu.

1. Have five duly washed leaves of Tulsi (known as Basil in English; medicinal name Ocimum sanctum) everyday in the morning. Tulsi has a large number of therapeutic properties. It keeps throat and lungs clear and helps in infections by way of strengthening your immunity.

2. Giloi (medicinal name Tinospora cordifolia) is a commonly available plant in many areas. Take a one-foot long branch of giloi, add five to six leaves of Tulsi and boil in water for 15-20 minutes or long enough to allow the water to extract its properties. Add black pepper and sendha (salt used during religious fasts), rock or black salt, or Misri (crystalised sugar like lumps to make it sweet) according to taste. Let it cool a bit and drink this kadha (concoction) while still warm. It will work wonders for your immunity. If giloi plant is not available, get processed giloi powder from Hamdard or others, and concoct a similar drink once a day.

3. A small piece of camphor approximately the size of a tablet should be taken once or twice a month. It can be swallowed with water by adults while children can take it along with mashed potatoes or banana because they will find it difficult to have it without any aides. Please remember camphor is not to be taken everyday, but only once each season, or once a month.

4. Those who can take garlic, must have two pods of raw garlic first thing in the morning. To be swallowed daily with lukewarm water. Garlic too strengthens immunity like the earlier measures mentioned.

5. Those not allergic to milk, must take a glass of hot or lukewarm milk every night with a small measure of haldi (turmeric).

6. Aloe vera (gwarpatha) too is a commonly available plant. Its thick and long, cactus-like leaves have an odourless gel. A teaspoon gel taken with water daily can work wonders for not only your skin and joint pains, but also boost immunity.

my mom had it. it wasn't very bad. she was sick for about 2 days, and then got better. shes been sicker before. noone else in my family got it. no big deal.
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

Thread Information