PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Super Bowl Champs!

Way to go Colts!

I'll be headed to the parade t his week and will post some pics.

SPUER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl Champs!

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't like them colts. They beat my pats.

If I remember correctly the Pats lost to them twice

BTW, they announced tonight that they are going to franchise Freeny to keep him from free agency so the opposition will still have to deal with him. Sanders will also return. The only question is if Dungy will return. He was going o retire at 50 but stayed another year. Will the prospect of a repeat trip to the Super Bowl keep him here? Two straight seasons that started off with 13 and 10 wins may also be a draw to him....can they do it agin? Hopefully! :thumbsup:

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:..
    Congrats. I was rooting Colts all the way. And, as an unofficial ambassador to Miami, I apologize for the lousy weather. Looks like you guys managed it, though...

BTW, another year of LAME LAME Superbowl commercials. I wanna kick myself for sitting through them waiting for something memorable... :mad2: :cryin: :Yawn:
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

We liked the job search ones. Where they were all in the jungle, that guy who came back from his review with paper clip things attached all over his body was funny.

We were cheering for the Bears. My youngest even made signs for us all with little bears on them. Too bad the bad Rex showed up, instead of the good one.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I enjoyed the job search comercials too. I loved the 3-ring binder helmet. A few others were cute, like the one for Blockbuster with the guinie pig clicking on, and dragging the mouse around.

Other than that, not a lot of real memorable comercials.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    We liked the job search ones. Where they were all in the jungle, that guy who came back from his review with paper clip things attached all over his body was funny.
    Hmmm. Me thinks they were kinda dumb. But to each...

Only ones I thought were mildly funny were the two lions discussing how to pronounce carne (and its great obscure reference to Ricardo Montalban's "Corinthian Leather" commercials from years ago), the classroom with the guy teaching all the regional accents (Bud Light?) to the foreigners, and the Kevin Federline "life comes at you fast" ad (the best of the night IMO)...

We were cheering for the Bears. My youngest even made signs for us all with little bears on them. Too bad the bad Rex showed up, instead of the good one.
    True enough. On the other hand, Grossman didn't play defense...

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Congrats to the Colts and Peyton!
    Hopefully little brother gets one next year with my Giants.
    John

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I only watched the fourth quarter, it was kinda interesting. I watched ALL the commericals later online though. I thought the Lions one was very good. There some other ones that were as well, though now I don't remember them. All in all, I agree with Steve they were all pretty tame.

Did you guys see the "rock paper scissors" one where the guy throws the rock at the other guys head? Wasn't that one just EXACTLY LIKE last year's Sprint superbowl commercial where the 2 guys in the locker room are comparing cell phones, and the guy goes "mine has theft deterent" and throws his phone at the guy's head? RIPOFF!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    On the other hand, Grossman didn't play defense...
    Uh....was Grossman playing football????

I was cheering for the Colts because they beat Pats, who beat my choice..CHARGERS!!!
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

It wasn't bad Rex that showed up, but good Rex didn't show up either. He played a decent game where he was pretty efficient and consistent, so I would say that Average Rex showed up.

The second interception was completely his fault, but I think that Grossman's first interception wasn't entirely his fault. It was a bad throw, but Muhammed was looking at the ball and made a bad adjustment.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Hmmm. Me thinks they were kinda dumb. But to each...

True enough. On the other hand, Grossman didn't play defense...
    Yeah, but had they been able to do ANYTHING on offense, the defense wouldn't have looked so bad as well.

I also liked the guy (still the job search commercial) covered in post-its. Or wrapped in bubble wrap. Or the delivery guy...I loved those ones. The poison dart pen thru the coffee cup...I could go on and on.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Yeah, but had they been able to do ANYTHING on offense, the defense wouldn't have looked so bad as well...
    True, but that will always be a chicken-egg kind of thing. Grossman wasn't the only Bear to fumble, and at least one of his pics wasn't that terrible a pass (receiver didn't fight to get to the ball).

Anyway, I'll leave it up to the Chicago press whether to crucify him alone. I'm just happy for Dungy, and glad to know everything a Gator touches doesn't turn to gold...

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

LOL, the following lines were put to rest in this Super Bowl:

1: "Dome" teams can't play in bad weather
    2: Peyton can't win the important games
    3: Good guys can't win (of course this could have gone either way, but it sounds good)

Best comment of the day by a sports commentator " The Colts defense looked like the Bears Defence and the Bears defese looked like the Colts Colts.....did they trade uniforms?

The first of Rex's two consecutive interceptions was due to his being hit as he tried to pass. The second was Bad Rex......really Bad Rex.

The Colts have just one last season in the RCA Dome, then they move across the street to Lucas Oil Stadium.
    I didn't make it to the parade and so on, had to work, and no one expected the parade and so on today, but due to the weather they decided to do it today. The team got in late due to weather in Florida (Thanks Steve ) and people stood 3 hours in 6 degree weather waiting for the team. When the team entered the RCA Dome it was packed, 57,000+ and it was rockin. I saw some of it on TV. Sure wish I could have been there!

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

What a great game. I ended up winning breakfast out my early class because I said Devin Hester (I hope that's spelled right) would be the first to score for either side on a runback. Like Steve, I wasn't too said to see one Cane/Gator have a bad day. I taught at UM for 11 years and then was downsized in by a very short lived administrator. Downsized too many loyal people. The important part of the whole thing was a great game and genuinely nice guys winning. I wish my Dolphins had the Baltimore O line and Hester. Come to think of it, a decent QB wouldn't be bad either.

I have to agree with Steve, as and Addy winning local commercial director and teacher of media, this year's crop was pretty lame. I did however like the Bud Light "Rock, Paper Scissors" and the Blockbuster mouse spot.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Oh, I forgot one thing.

Through the celebratoins Sunday and Monday nights there were a total of 7 arrests, all for public intoxication, and according to friends who were there, you had to be pretty bad to get busted. There were no destructive celebrations either, one thing the NFL watched closely as well as how well the new Metro Police dept handled the huge crowd that showed up both nights. From all reports the police and citizens handled themselves very well on all accounts.
    The NFL was watching because of Indy's bid to to get the 2011 Super Bowl here.
    According to the news tonight Indy has everything very close to the Lucas Oil Stadium, unlike Miami where events and so on are spread all across a huge area, Indy has (or will have) everything within walking distance. The only drawback here is the weather, but it won't affect the game as the new stadium will have a retractable roof

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Stayed up all morning (finished about 2am I think) to watch it.
    Then a couple of hours sleep before going to work.

Not a great game, the weather didn't help, but good to watch.
    I want a tape of that game without the TV breaks, it must be about 1/4 the length !
    Then I could concentrate on the play ...

I thought it was a game of mistakes really, turnovers after turnovers, interceptions, in those conditions a game you had to not give away in errors.

Think I nodded off the end of the 3rd quarter, so the game can't have been that good I guess.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Paul,

Not sure what your experience is watching American football (think it's great that you're commenting), but most over here felt this was indeed a very very good game, in spite of the weather.

In fact, the bad weather added a facinating aspect to any fan who knows these two teams, as the Colts play their regular season games indoors, and the Bears don't. Most felt that gave the Bears a distinct advantage, considering the field conditions, but as we all saw, it didin't.

Whether a game is good or great often has little to do with how mistake-free it is. You have to remember, when a team loses a fumble or throws an interception, the other team (and their fans) consider that an OUTSTANDING play, because it gives them possesion of the ball.

To an American audience, games are considered good or great if they have BIG plays (even if they're caused by mistakes) and this game had quite a few. Also, if the score is close near the end (even if play is real sloppy), and this game was (and was).

As for commercials, I hear ya. Americans have an absolute love-hate relationship with commercials. As a rule, most of us don't like them, but we've been conditioned to expect them, and lots of them, especially during our tv sporting events.

Finally, keep in mind that, with all the hype and marketing that goes along with them, Superbowls by nature are often very anti-climactic, more so to the die-hard fan than the casual one.

IMO, this one was one of the few that actually lived up to it's billing...:thumbsup:

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Hmphfffffff..... I lost interest with Chicago beat the Seahawks. ;)
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Jeta,

Well the outcome would have been the same ..... Colts Super Bowl Champs!

Paul,
    This was indeed a game that all the sports know-it-alls said the Colts would loose if the weather was bad, even the Indy press said it! As it turned out the weather was the worst ever according to most sources for the Super Bowl, yet the Dome team proved that they can win outside in bad weather, they did it when they played at Baltimore too.

Coach Dungy said "We will have to weather the storm, there may be two or three of them, but we can win". LOL, who knew the first storm would be on the first play of the game when Hester ran the kickoff back for a TD. Then as soon as the Colts get the ball the rain started.....and stayed the entire game..

As for the game, considering the downpour they had I thought it was a well played game. The difference was indeed the turnovers, the Colts got their act together and held on to the ball in the second half, while the Bears didn't.
    One thing I noticed when they replayed the interception where the the Colts player almost stepped out of bounds was that Grossman was hit as he threw the ball, it seems even the commentators missed that part of the play. They focused on the interception, not why Grossman threw the ball off target to begin with.
    Poor Grossman is being bashed in the Chicago media, not one of them is considering the weather or the Colts defense as contributors to Grossmans problems.

Oh, another Colts players Quote:
    Hunter Smith Colts Punter: I just want ro say thank you to the Peyton Manning and the Colts offense for making me the least used player at my position in NFL history".
    Hunter didn't even punt in 4 games this season, and a couple games he punted once. Needless to say Hunter was well paid for practice this year!:thumbsup:

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Jeta,

Well the outcome would have been the same ..... Colts Super Bowl Champs!
    I'll never admit this again, but I agree! lol

The game the Seahawks won to get to the Chicago game was.... Um..... A lucky win at best.

Next year Super Bowl will be ours! We keep getting closer and closer to it. I can feel it in my bones.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite