PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Show Me Your Papers!

Well, the era of Big Brother has finally arrived. When the Republican congress was in power, you know, those bozos who still claim to be conservative, they passed the Real ID Act on behalf of Bush.

Now, as the act gets closer, the ramifications are emerging. You will be required to show your papers whenever asked. You will need your papers to get into a park, a government building, to take a domestic flight. Police and other officials will be able to hold you for "paper inspection." I wonder if, as in Casablanca, they will shoot you dead if you run.

Several states have been standing up against these onerous federal mandates. They and their citizens will be punished and restricted as to where they can go. This is the ultimate exercise of federal power that has ever existed. I have said it before and I will say it again: the Confederacy was right: too much federal government becomes evil and corrupt.

What have our Democratic "defenders" in Congress done to stop this abuse? Nothing. They are too busy figuring out the best long-term posture for licking Bush's Backside.

One of many article now appearing:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/....id/index.html

The terrorists have won, freedom in the USA will be heavily curtailed just as they wanted.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Thumbs down Re: Show Me Your Papers!

unless your an illegal and then you may continue to roam as you wish, and if you want you wll be given papers without documentation to do as you wish....

or:

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp...av=menu188_2_7

or

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp...av=menu188_2_7

What it doesn't say is they are having trouble with the guys ID, either he is one who given amnesty in the previous amnesty attempt or he stole a dead mans ID and is an illegal

And then of course we have the guy who kidnapped and raped a 7 year old girl. Took her from her bed as she slept to his apartment next door.... he had been deported once but came back, and he was known in both Mexico and the US as a child molester. Whenever he gets out of jail this time (if he does) he will be too old to cross the boarder and hurt another child....

It seems our government is watching the wrong people too closely, and giving too much freedom to the wrong groups.
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Re: Show Me Your Papers!

Quote Originally Posted by mwfanelli2
    Well, the era of Big Brother has finally arrived. When the Republican congress was in power, you know, those bozos who still claim to be conservative, they passed the Real ID Act on behalf of Bush.

Now, as the act gets closer, the ramifications are emerging. You will be required to show your papers whenever asked. You will need your papers to get into a park, a government building, to take a domestic flight. Police and other officials will be able to hold you for "paper inspection." I wonder if, as in Casablanca, they will shoot you dead if you run.

Several states have been standing up against these onerous federal mandates. They and their citizens will be punished and restricted as to where they can go. This is the ultimate exercise of federal power that has ever existed. I have said it before and I will say it again: the Confederacy was right: too much federal government becomes evil and corrupt.

What have our Democratic "defenders" in Congress done to stop this abuse? Nothing. They are too busy figuring out the best long-term posture for licking Bush's Backside.

One of many article now appearing:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/....id/index.html

The terrorists have won, freedom in the USA will be heavily curtailed just as they wanted.
    Your papers, Sir!

This act is a travesty, and I hope that the next President will either A) have it repealed or B) order it to not be enforced until it can be repealed.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Thread Information