PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GB1

Ok, Who Are You Going to Vote For?

Less than two months out and I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for...

What about the hot topics - Iraq, the economy, education, offshore drilling, intelligent design, gun control, abortion, immigration, world opinion.....

What's your opinion? And why?

:blush2: :thumbsup:
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: Ok, Who Are You Going to Vote For?

I will be voting for McCain / Palin.
    With McCain we know we will continue to be safe here from the attacks of radical Muslims, We will begin to drill here and tap into our own resources. This will create Jobs as well as Lower gas prices and most other things as well like food....I believe him when says he will fight corruption in Washington that includes both Republican and democrats...His and palins record supports this.
    He values Life in that he will do what he can to protect babies instead of murdering them....Most importantly to me is that he will not put in liberal Judges who will legislate from the bench....

I will not vote for Obama because he is Evil. Simple as that.
    I believe Isaiah said it best...Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Now I can expound further on this, but I am very curious as to why people will be voting for Obama, since I suspect most here will be....
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Well, I'm voting for Obama as at least he doesn't twist everything his opponent says.
    McCain's ads constantly twist or put spin on everything Obama supports.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. One of the few constitutional commandments.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

GB1

It's funny how I feel like an anarchist, I seem to be finding problems with all the candidates. I guess I have more problems with each respective PARTY than I do with the candidates though.

This might be like the '96 election where I literally make up my mind standing in line at the polling booth (I voted for Dole on that one.......)

G

My Site

Well G, I am surprised more people have not commented on this thread. When Huckabee was eliminated from the race, I had pretty much decided that for the first time in my adult life, I was not going to vote. I am not a John McCain fan...but the more I learned about Obama, the more he scared me...I do not see why he wants to tax me. Why he wants to take the money I work very hard for....But then when you look at his overall record and the fact he hates America and kills babies...He is far to evil...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Obama. Why? Two words: consistant message.

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

Quote Originally Posted by Medley
    Obama. Why? Two words: consistant message.

- Joe U.
    Ok, What is his message?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Wow, where to start, I am sorry, prepare for some wind.

Both Obama and McCain have ultra pro-Israeli slants in their foreign policy, rather than an objective, impartial position. This is what terrifies me the most. Continued middle eastern warfare over the entire next term of either candidate as president is guaranteed. Neither have the capacity nor interest in solving the middle-east crisis. You don't gain peace at gunpoint, how long will it take us to figure that out?

The economy - I think we need to address the FIAT problem and find a good solid backing to US currency, like gold, and address the problems of the federal reserve

Intelligent design is goofy pseudo-science nonsense, incorporation of this into public schools will mark the fall of American literacy. Darwin's science expressing historical origin's may not be entirely 100% accurate, but its the very best science we have to go on yet.

Gun control will only take guns away from law abiding citizens and make the illegal market more hostile, dangerous, even and especially powerful - I can't imagine it in any way shape or form being any help. But who knows - Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin were both raving fans of domestic gun control!

Abortion is murder. However, I don't stake a serious political position with this though, it is more of an issue with culture than with politics, I think it must be processed through the American people before we can process it through the government. Contraception and a responsible sexual culture can be our friend.

Immigration - I do think that immigrants should follow the legal procedure to enter this country, rather than taking the easy road in. I also think that speaking English should be a requirement to citizenship.

Also adding one - the war on drugs is a disaster thats fed by the thoughtless hysteria of a brainwashed populace, we need a real education on drugs, and we need a real solution to the several billion $ a year American disaster. This has made us a laughing stock internationally. The cultural hysteria and ignorance on the subject requires very serious attention to the way our law is written, and the way law enforcement interacts with its communities. As those have been almost the sole force of the hysteria - perhaps revisiting this issue with any sense of objectivity might be good for the people.

As far as those problems are concerned, Obama and McCain are no different. Whatever is different between them, couldn't make enough of a difference to call it a difference. In fact, its almost how the two party system is really a one party system, both work for the same guys, they just have irrelevant bickering to keep the american population distracted and divided to do their own bidding. Maybe I'm being too cynical here though, just frustrated with this years campaigns, choices, and the typical American response.

Javier - if he is taking more money from you than McCain does, you make over $250,000, and if you make more then that, you won't get me to feel sorry for you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol
    Javier - if he is taking more money from you than McCain does, you make over $250,000, and if you make more then that, you won't get me to feel sorry for you. :P
    An interesting list you have there..I will also be answering your PM in the next day or so....But as far as this comment goes.
    I would agree in that you should not feel sorry for me, but depending on how much Obama taxes me will depend on how many people I will have to lay off. Those are the folks you should feel sorry for.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Why, because you need an ultra-comfortable lifestyle? You would do that to your employees?

Anbesol, I agree with you for the most part. There are nits to pick here and there, I'll just laundry list them.

Abortion and the war on drugs are the same - social problems which cannot be solved by legislation. There are many many years of historical evidence for that. I think we feel the same on that, and frankly I don't care about it as an issue since nothing will change with the presidency. "murder" is a stronger word than I would use. Euthenasia is probably more accurate.

I think it is important that America does not mandate english for citizenship. What happens when the US becomes 90% spanish speaking? Then what, change it to spanish? An open policy on language allows growth and change.

Other than those, I agree with the one-party implication. I'll be voting democratic because the republicans scare me more with the whole intelligent design thing.

And sorry dude, but if you are worried about laying off employees with a 250,000+ salary, you should consider a $200,000 paycut. That's eight OVER minimum wage employees you don't have to lay off right there, and you'll still be making as much as my wife and I made last year, COMBINED. I'm not much of a communist and I like money as much as the next guy, but how much is enough? Are you willing to contribute to wrecking our economy so you can live in excess? What about the rest of us working slobs?
    Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

I still am on the fence like GB1. I was leaning for McCain but I think Palin turned out to be a big mistake. I hope she practices a bunch before the dabates and is coached well. With TrooperGate and her husband refusing to obey a subpoena and hiding under the protection under John McCains coatails until after the elections is WRONG, The Bridge to Nowhere. All this and how long was she governer? I really don't think I want her in the White House. I think Biden will eat her lunch in a formal debate.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    With McCain we know we will continue to be safe here from the attacks of radical Muslims
    With respect; what an unbelieveably stupid remark. Open your eyes and look around for goodness sake.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Why, because you need an ultra-comfortable lifestyle? You would do that to your employees?
    You are missing the point. ''All'' businesses that make over $250.000.00 will have tax increases. You are assuming that ''I'' make $250,000.00 a year when that is the farthest thing from the truth. The reality is that the little mom and pop stores and so forth that are all hanging on my a string will have tax hikes and thus put out of business. You will also have the huge places like Walmart and so forth laying off people for the same thing....

So the reality is that some people will be loosing their jobs.. It is ugly and is one reason why we do need need obama and his people in the white house.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Quote Originally Posted by Overbeyond
    With respect; what an unbelieveably stupid remark. Open your eyes and look around for goodness sake.
    Sorry, but with all due respect, you do not live here. You where not attacked on Sept 11th....By these ''evil'' to the core Muslims who killed innocent women, children, men and ruined many peoples lives....
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Sorry, but with all due respect, you do not live here. You where not attacked on Sept 11th....By these ''evil'' to the core Muslims who killed innocent women, children, men and ruined many peoples lives....
    The classic shortsighted sort of reply I am not surprised to receive from you.
    Where I live is irrelevant. Many members of my family have lived in NY for many generations (and long before you saw the light) and thankfully were not around on that dreadful day.
    Nobody is safe anywhere. How safe did everybody think they were prior to 9/11?
    And if you think a politician, of all people, is going to be your guardian angel well I suggest you find a dark room, light a candle and start praying to your sponsor now.

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Overbeyond
    The classic shortsighted sort of reply I am not surprised to receive from you.
    Where I live is irrelevant. Many members of my family have lived in NY for many generations (and long before you saw the light) and thankfully were not around on that dreadful day.
    Nobody is safe anywhere. How safe did everybody think they were prior to 9/11?
    And if you think a politician, of all people, is going to be your guardian angel well I suggest you find a dark room, light a candle and start praying to your sponsor now.
    What I do is that with the rebulican run white house we have had no more terrorist attacks here in U.S...But as for the rest of the world, click here....
    This is just the past two months....
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

You will fit in nicely with the left here in this country.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Left, right, centre: it's all crap. You can fit me where ever you like. And the religion of peace? More crap. Think for yourself my friend.

GB1

Ok, since we have so many HOT topics and it's impossible to cover them all at the same time, let's look at the American economy for today.

What do we think the presidential candidates would do about the economic mess that's happening on Wall Street? It's amazing how all this is happening and maybe even more so that the US Govt is coming to their rescue.

I'm not criticizing the rescue, as I know very little about the underlying mechanisms in the banking system. But I do see that these CEOs and top company officers take risks and are greatly rewarded if the succeed, but seem to be bailed out if they don't. Indeed, they seem to be paid millions in severance packages even if their company goes belly up!! I'm sure they're not happy about how things worked out, but how many workers are given that luxury of getting millions in golden parachutes even if things fall off the edge of a cliff?

G

My Site

Javier - Obama would raise taxes on individual salaries of $250k+, not collective business salaries.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Javier - Obama would raise taxes on individual salaries of $250k+, not collective business salaries.
    I was going to say that too.....javier is praising trickle down economics which amounts to giving a few people the right to suck the life force out of HARD Working people and the elderly, disabled retired and as they drive by in their carriages they might deign to throw a few coins out.
    The lack of regulation on wall street and especially in the mortgage market has brought us to the verge of another great depression and nobody knows if the last second 'fix' is going to help or not. Now I and the rest of middle and lower class America are spending our taxes on keeping the rich in business...just makes me want to jump for joy.

McCain has supported the war,(which we already won), in Iraq and has never called for increasing our efforts in Afghanistan where the real danger lies. Our nation and the rest of western society will never be safe from terrorists until we demonstrate to the world that we are not their enemy. Anybody can commit terrorist acts that could bring the commerce of this nation to a screeching halt......we're just lucky the AlQuaeda types like big bombs that don't really do much damage except to turn their enemies into a fascist state that spys on its own people, ignores their own constitution, and tortures whoever they think might know something.

Personally, I'm disgusted with the whole thing.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

GB1

Concerning the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan:

Somebody here at work told me that if you read up on the history of empires, and the United States of America can be considered one by historical standards (the latest word for that seems to be Superpower), right before they fell they had a tendency to try to solve their problems by military means.

I don't think the war on terrorism can be won strictly by military force. It's simply too hard, and we don't have the resources. It will take diplomacy, wisdom and leadership.

My Site

Obama 100%
    The GOP has been selling this country to all buyers since Eisenhour left office.
    And they continue to do so. Bubble economics huts the small business man, workers, retirees, handicapped, etc.
    The next big bubble is about to break and it's the biggest one yet.
    Wall street has been selling us out to foriegners by way of the dirivitive and credit trading market.............to the tune of 450 trillion "dollars", YUP that's trillion.
    Reagan, Bush.mcCain and Bush were behind it all. Remember Enron?
    I wonder if they are trying to hold it off so they can blame it on the Dems again.
    It's the way of the liars!
    Look through a glass eye.
    Give it a few tries.
    Nothing goes right in its time.
    --Tally Hall--

I will be voting for McCain / Palin.

I will not vote for Obama because he is Evil. Simple as that.
    I believe Isaiah said it best...Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Now I can expound further on this, but I am very curious as to why people will be voting for Obama, since I suspect most here will be....
    With respect, it doesn't matter who's in the presidency seat. The president is just a figurehead for the nation, he has no more power than you do to protect your loved ones from the oncoming attacks of radicals.. and I find it extremely ironic you quoted an Arabic prophet (Isaiah) in that little poem up there.

What you should do is vote for someone who will help you lower your taxes, up your education benefits, beef up your bus security (let's admit, it's completely unguarded - remember greyhound?)... You know...something normal that level-headed people would want ;)

Personally I want to see Obama in the USA. While myself does not hold a citizenship to the USA, i hold one in 37 different other countries .. and evidence over the past 8 years has shown that whoever holds the seat in the USA for power will drastically influence the world for all of us. Thus, go obama. And **** fanatics (of all kinds).

I read his book, too, and believe in his ideals. He is a very liberal minded person with concerns for the at home nation of the USA, as well as foreign relations. Which, if you have been keeping up with the past 6 years, have been hellishly strained and even ridiculed.

I did actually lose 30 of my classmates when I was in grade school in canada. They were visiting the twin towers on a school trip, I being sick chose not to go.

Just so I can avoid that little spill of "You don't know what it's like to lose someone to terrorists" rubbish

Woopsy, double post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information