PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

The NSA Knows Who YOU Called

This includes you. The NSA has been secretly building up a massive database of every domestic-to-domestic phone call made in the US by US citizens.

This includes yet another Bush lie (what a surprise):

"In defending the previously disclosed program, Bush insisted that the NSA was focused exclusively on international calls. "In other words," Bush explained, 'one end of the communication must be outside the United States.'

"As a result, domestic call records — those of calls that originate and terminate within U.S. borders — were believed to be private."

The guy responsible for implimenting this heinous program is none other than General Michael Hayden, Bush-nominated to head the CIA.

Herr Bush moves his Supreme Ruler fantasy forward while Congress remains too lame to stop him. Amazing, we impeach Clinton for sleeping around yet allow Bush to order millions of illegal (as in felony) wiretaps.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...5-10-nsa_x.htm

Oh yeah, only Qwest has resisted NSA demands. The other big phone companies have ween willing participants in this illegal wiretapping.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Re: The NSA Knows Who YOU Called

Well, you saw what happened to Google when they didn't turn over thier records.

Expect headlines any day now, "Lawsuit for Qwest, promoting terrorism via telephone"
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I thought Republicans were supposed to be AGAINST big government?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...5-10-nsa_x.htm

"The National Security Agency has been secretly collecting the phone call records of tens of millions of Americans, using data provided by AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth, people with direct knowledge of the arrangement told USA TODAY.
    The NSA program reaches into homes and businesses across the nation by amassing information about the calls of ordinary Americans — most of whom aren't suspected of any crime."

"... domestic call records — those of calls that originate and terminate within U.S. borders — were believed to be private.
    Sources, however, say that is not the case. With access to records of billions of domestic calls, the NSA has gained a secret window into the communications habits of millions of Americans."
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    I thought Republicans were supposed to be AGAINST big government?
    No, conservatives are against big government. Republicans have been pro big government for several decades now. Reagan, Bush the First, and now Dubya have been very liberal in their actions, Dubya being the most liberal president we've ever had. Remember, it was Clinton who forced Congress to balance the budget! It was Dubya who destroyed that balance in the first few months.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

From the Washington Post:

In their poll, 63% of people have no problems with this latest NSA domestic spying program. They chose "security" over freedom. Also, 42% thought it was a bad thing that USA Today reported the story. We get the government we deserve. Baaaaaah.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...200375_pf.html.

Quote Originally Posted by mwfanelli
    We get the government we deserve.
    I was saying that when we re-elected the guy.

And what was that quote? Something like "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." It's along those lines, and stupid me, I forgot who said it

Nikon Samurai #25

~~Tools of the Trade~~
    Nikon D50
    18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX
    50mm f/1.8D AF
    28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF AF
    Lensbaby 2.0
    Kodak Duaflex II

~~Stillsky Studio~~

Quote Originally Posted by Stillsky
    Remember: the population only voted for him ONCE. And that was after all the fear and patriotism had set in.
    Walter Rick Long

Quote Originally Posted by Stillsky

And what was that quote? Something like "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." It's along those lines, and stupid me, I forgot who said it
    "Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. " -- Ben Franklin

Guess it's time to stop dialing 900 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by molaselake
    Guess it's time to stop dialing 900 numbers.
    Liz, your posts crack me up
    Walter Rick Long

Thread Information