PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

New evidence could free the West Memphis Three

Has anyone hear heard of, or followed the case of the West Memphis Three? It's a case that I have been interested in, and loosely followed for several years now. The defense team has just filed a 200 page document with the court disputing everything that the boys were convicted on. They also have new DNA evidence that could implicate one of the victems step-fathers in the case. Someone who I have thought for years was involved with the murders.

There are several books and documentaries out there about this case. The ones that I have seen and read all point to the boys being convicted of a crime they didn't commit. This new evidence could finally set them free, but I'm sure it's not going to be that easy.

The story is going to be featured on Anderson Coopers show tonight. Here is an article from CNN about the case.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/11/07...ree/index.html

If you want to learn more about the case, visit:

www.wm3.org
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: New evidence could free the West Memphis Three

That's awesome. Too bad they've spent most of their formative years in jail. It's a case I've been loosely following as well.
    Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: New evidence could free the West Memphis Three

I have my FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE t-shirt on today. I wonder if anyone will even know what it means? Did you watch the Anderson Cooper show last night? I did, but it didn't really say anything different from the article on CNN's website.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information