PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

My Mom's Paintings

I'm so proud of my mom. She's a painter and has been since before I was born. She has never stopped painting, but she had to take a job teaching (art, of course) when I was in jr high and it severely limited her painting time. She retired last year and this summer she has started doing one small painting every day. With her new found freedom she has also begun work on a webpage, and in the mean time, she has joined blogspot where she is posting her daily paintings. I have her to thank for any inkling of artistic ability I have, and for my first camera.

Here's the link to her blog, if you'd like to check it out. She just got it up and running. http://www.annreyes.blogspot.com/

Paul

Re: My Mom's Paintings

Paul, please tell your mom that she does fantastic work and relay my thanks for posting her artwork to share.

I would have posted a comment directly on the blog, but it doesn't allow anonymous comments, and I didn't want to create an identity that I wouldn't use.

- Joe U.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I do photos because I can't draw stick figures.....admire your mom and others than can.
    Did you take the pics for her?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Very nice work, and very productive! Congrats to your mom on her retirement - looks like she is enjoying her time.

Thank you all for looking and commenting. I'll make sure to pass the complements along to my mom. She's very excited to have time to paint again.

Frog,

No, I didn't take the pictures. She actually lives about 4 hours away in East Texas. I think she took these photos with her digital point and shoot, but sometimes she shoots slides to send in to competitions.

Paul

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Good stuff Paul.
    I can see where you get your photographic talents!
    :thumbsup:
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    Good stuff Paul.
    I can see where you get your photographic talents!
    :thumbsup:
    Brian
    Thanks, Brian!

Hi Paul, your mom is so fantastic and I know you are so proud of her. I'm a big fan of great painters out there and always visiting museums. Thanks for sharing her masterpieces.

They're great paintings and it's nice that she is using her free time doing something she enjoys.
    My sister's, Susan and Diana, have started painting too. Mainly in memory of my Mum, I think, who used to exhibit and sell her work.
    Susan'e painting are already on my site. I have yet to take Diana's pics. They both also make and decorate cakes. You've probably seen those on my site too.
    Aren't we lucky to have such talented families?
    We'll have to get them to paint some of our photographs :thumbsup:

I am always in awe of someone with that kind of talent. Your Mom's paintings are beautifully done. I'm so glad that retirement has given her the opportunity to pursue her passion. Give her my best.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Transparency, Thanks for looking and I'm glad you like them. She has many full-sized paintings that she will start to post when she gets her website working.

Alison, I had not seen your sisters paintings until now, but I like them a lot, especially "Solitude." Have you updated your website too? It looks very nice! My mom has used some of my photos to get ideas, but most of the paintings end up being fairly different. I think she wants to use some of my recent Colorado pictures.

OT, I'm glad you like the paintings, and I'm also glad my mom has more time to paint now. I think she missed it a lot when she was busy teaching, so she's very happy to have the time again.

I'll make sure to pass along all the nice things everyone has said. Thanks again!

Paul

Thread Information