PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Michael jackson Dead

whether or not the accusations were true...i don't know.
    Of course the accusations were not true. Even on their face they were baseless hearsay, and the people of the Jury who listened to the accounts on both sides also agreed, and I don't think Jury's are often ready to dismiss molestation charges if theres even a sliver of chance he could have been. I really think we all need to put that nonsense back as part of stupid pop-media history and stop entertaining it as even possible. Jackson was a good man and a terrific artist and that is how he should be remembered.

If anyone is interested, heres a list of almost every one of his interviews ever. link
    Last edited by Anbesol; 06-30-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol
    I don't think Jury's are often ready to dismiss molestation charges if theres even a sliver of chance he could have been.
    They're a bad jury then. One should never be found guilty unless it's proven beyond any reasonable doubt, that's how our system is supposed to work.

GB1

.. I really think we all need to put that nonsense back as part of stupid pop-media history and stop entertaining it as even possible.
    link
    So, why should we not even think it is even possible? Are not kids molested all the time? You really don't think MJ's actions raise concern, like sleeping nude w/ little kids that weren't his?

I didn't follow the details of the case, as it was pretty sad to even listen to, but I think that the jury didn't had enough physical evidence to find him guilty. They made the right call, considering. Still doesn't explain him paying another kid millions of $ in the 80s though for the same thing to not go forward with charges against him. One would have to be pretty naive to think one doesn't relate to the other.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    So, why should we not even think it is even possible? Are not kids molested all the time? You really don't think MJ's actions raise concern, like sleeping nude w/ little kids that weren't his?

I didn't follow the details of the case, as it was pretty sad to even listen to, but I think that the jury didn't had enough physical evidence to find him guilty. They made the right call, considering. Still doesn't explain him paying another kid millions of $ in the 80s though for the same thing to not go forward with charges against him. One would have to be pretty naive to think one doesn't relate to the other.
    He didn't sleep nude with kids in his bed. He let kids sleep in his bed while he slept on the floor.

There was also the tape released later of the accusers dad being jolly about 'taking down MJ'. Molestation is a very heinous crime that should be highly punishable, up to life in prison/death. The fact that the parents just said 'okay, thanks for the money' and left are indicative of frivolous false law suit gold diggers, they got what they wanted and left.
    Last edited by Anbesol; 06-30-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose
    They're a bad jury then. One should never be found guilty unless it's proven beyond any reasonable doubt, that's how our system is supposed to work.
    Yeah, true.

Man, no one else but Cara cares about Billy Mays. What, he wasn't involved in enough scandals for you people?

MJ had a tremendous talent that I enjoyed very much as a kid, and created a slew of classic and timeless musical pieces.

When Billy Mays comes on my TV, its usually followed by a loud sigh and a reach for the mute button.

banished

I will remember him forever.

GB1

He didn't sleep nude with kids in his bed. He let kids sleep in his bed while he slept on the floor.

There was also the tape released later of the accusers dad being jolly about 'taking down MJ'. Molestation is a very heinous crime that should be highly punishable, up to life in prison/death. The fact that the parents just said 'okay, thanks for the money' and left are indicative of frivolous false law suit gold diggers, they got what they wanted and left.
    I thought he was nude with those kids -- admittedly a small but very important incorrection.

The motives of the parents must also be taken into consideration, but it's all still highly unusual to me. I guess MJ was never a straight-laced, middle of the road type guy. He was really different.

Anyway - he was a great musical talent.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

PRB

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    He was a FATHER, BROTHER, SON and FRIEND people!

DANCE and SING on MJ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7mEQVWQgRA

......MJ was an awesome dancer, musician, HUMANITARIAN.......
    Paul speaks for me as well. That was exactly what was in my head and my heart.

Excellent eulogy. :thumbsup:
    My love for others is NOT conditional on their meeting my standards.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PRB
    Paul speaks for me as well. That was exactly what was in my head and my heart.

Excellent eulogy. :thumbsup:
    Penny, remember this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hK3Y...eature=channel

I love this song.. him and lisamarie presley
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8rYl...eature=channel
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

PRB

Yes Paul, I remember. I will never forget his live performances --- and, I have seen most everyone in my day --- NO ONE could hold a candle to Michael Jackson NO ONE!!!

Tom Mesereau was a colleague for many many years and, for all his own flamboyance, he's an EXCELLENT attorney. His representation of Michael Jackson was brilliant.

We have lost one of the greatest --- father, son, brother, friend, humanitarian and entertainer's of ALL TIME.
    My love for others is NOT conditional on their meeting my standards.

did anyone watch the memorial yesterday?
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    did anyone watch the memorial yesterday?
    I did...very powerful, moving experience.I have nothing but the utmost respect for the man known as the "King of Pop" Every time he was knocked down... he got back up.He will be remembered for his music...

He surrounded himself with "YES" men as did Elvis...It's truly a shame how his life ended. Please take a moment to remember...all the good.

Rest in peace MJ

Rick

Michael Jackson may be dead but i will always remember his music. We have elvis who is the king of rock and he died way before my time. Michael jackson will always be remembered as the king of pop.

I'm currently listening to his music on youtube with videos that you can sing along to.
    michael jackson - don't stop til you get enough is among my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVWD_r9YYmg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information