PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: Mac accounts

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Mac accounts

Does it cost $ to have a Mac account? I was going to leave a review in iTunes for a podcast, but in order do so, I have to sign up for a Mac account, and they require a credit card. I didn't see anywhere that said it costs $, but I don't want to give them my CC info and then find out that I'm getting charged for it on my next bill.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: Mac accounts

I think it's about $100 a year - so not cheap... A friend has it just to tie all of his emails together but I really don't know anything about how it works. I guess if you get people spending $100 a year you've weeded out a lot of the riff-raff (myself included!).

Click here, then scroll down a bit and it's on the left. I can't get there from here - literally...

Thanks Steve. I guess I'm riff-raff too. I'm not paying $100 to tell this podcaster he's a tool.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I'm not paying $100 to tell this podcaster he's a tool.
    But you can do it here for free!

I've had some podcasts I haven't stayed with for very long but a few are great - like Brooks Jensen's which I've started to pick up again. Haven't come across any that are a complete waste of time though...

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    But you can do it here for free!

The Pro Photography Show with Gavin Siem. What a waste of time. His show is like a train wreck. I can't stop listening even tho it's tragic!!! How he gets guest on to interview I will never know. He will ask a question, then interupt them and change the subject as they try to answer. Makes me want to beat him. I think he gets off on saying "professional". His podcast is anything but professional. I have no idea why I keep going back to listen to it. I think it's because I want to hate him. It doesn't take long to remember why I don't listen to him much.

Oh, and he loves to say "presets" and "stuff like that". He also loves to talk abou Macs, his 50mm f/1.4 & 70-200mm f/2.8 lenses. If I ever run into him, I'm going to shove my tripod up his...

I feel much better now.

I do like Brooks show.
    Last edited by mjs1973; 12-13-2007 at 10:11 AM.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

None of the podcasts I have listened to are even close to impressive. I like to think that there must be a knowledgeable podcaster out there, and the reason why their shows suck is because they feel the need to cater to the less knowledgeable in order to get more listeners. I'm sick of the hosts having to explain the simplest things.

Speaking of tools...

Photo Talk Radio has the most obnoxious host I have ever heard. They have some very good guests on, and good interviews, but the host really needs to take his riddlin!!!

I agree Brent, most of the podcasta are really dumbed down. One that I really enjoy is The Candid Frame with Ibarionex Perello. A great veriety of interviews from all types of photographers. No gear talk, just good interviews with good photogs.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    No gear talk, just good interviews with good photogs.
    That sounds interesting, I'll check it out. I get enough gear talk here!

Brooks Jensen's podcast is one of the few really good ones in photography that I know. It's not about technique, gear or interviews with photographers - more about art, inspiration and thinking differently.

Feel free to call me an NPR tool but their podcasts pretty much set the standard, although they are all recorded versions of their on-air shows.

Thread Information